Sponsored

Did you receive your JL dual top without the soft top?

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Need some help, did anyone receive their JL with dual top without the soft top? If yes, was your JL automatically sent w/o the soft top, or did you have to request to send it w/o the soft top (and have it sent later)? Or did you dealer automatically do this for you when they found out the soft top was holding up your entire JL order? Or did you have to escalate it to someone at a regional level? I've been told by the Jeep chat system that my order is on hold because of the back ordered soft tops, which makes no sense if some people received their JL without asking to send it any way without the soft top.
Sponsored

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
Need some help, did anyone receive their JL with dual top without the soft top? If yes, was your JL automatically sent w/o the soft top, or did you have to request to send it w/o the soft top (and have it sent later)? Or did you dealer automatically do this for you when they found out the soft top was holding up your entire JL order? Or did you have to escalate it to someone at a regional level? I've been told by the Jeep chat system that my order is on hold because of the back ordered soft tops, which makes no sense if some people received their JL without asking to send it any way without the soft top.
I didn’t receive my soft top and the dealer had no idea about what was going on. Many others have taken delivery of their Jeeps this was. Luckily this forum gave me a heads up and I did get a We Owe from the dealer in the top. Later the dealer indicated there was some shortage and I would get my top eventually.

So it appears in my case no one asked the dealer about releasing the order and no one asked me. The Jeep just shipped.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I didn’t receive my soft top and the dealer had no idea about what was going on. Many others have taken delivery of their Jeeps this was. Luckily this forum gave me a heads up and I did get a We Owe from the dealer in the top. Later the dealer indicated there was some shortage and I would get my top eventually.

So it appears in my case no one asked the dealer about releasing the order and no one asked me. The Jeep just shipped.
Then it makes no sense that Jeep.com chat told me that my order is being held up because of the soft tops. I have the dual top option, so they should just ship with hard top and send me an IOU for the soft top, which is 100% fine with me, but don't hold up the whole order.

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
Then it makes no sense that Jeep.com chat told me that my order is being held up because of the soft tops. I have the dual top option, so they should just ship with hard top and send me an IOU for the soft top, which is 100% fine with me, but don't hold up the whole order.
Inconsistency seems to be the only thing consistent. I feel your pain, guess I was lucky.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I ordered the Tan top, the dealership ordered the Black by mistake. The dealership is now trying to correct the situation. But at least I have the vehicle with the hardtop.

Sponsored

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
Ordered dual tops at end of Feb and picked up my Jeep last Friday. Softtop was included as planned.

schmidtski

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Ordered dual tops at end of Feb and picked up my Jeep last Friday. Softtop was included as planned.
I ordered my Sahara dual tops on Feb 22. It has been in inspection since 3/19. On Friday, Apr 7, I was told that the soft top issue was resolved and they will be available in early April. Today, Apr 9, I was told that the soft top availability was pushed out another month, in May.

Jeep is handling this so poorly.

This is my first experience purchasing any jeep product and the experience so far is pretty bad.

ward1design

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLUR • 2009 Silver JKUX (Sold) • 2016 Corvette Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered dual tops 1/27/18 and picked up my Jeep Friday 3/30/18. Black Soft Top was included as planned.

JPEG image-F36757427741-1.jpeg

Calexb

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Granite Crystal - Manual - Loaded
I loaded up my JLUR (manual) with all options, except the dual top. To me, the options are either top on or top off. I don't see what difference the soft top makes. I had it on my other jeep back in the late 90's and I think I did the swap out once in 3 years.

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
Dual Top ordered and it showed up March 3rd without the soft top. Dealer did not request that it get shipped without, it just showed up that way. I have a "We Owe" receipt from them as well, just like @jeepfandotcom. I understand that they were doing this for a little while, but may have stopped according to some other threads. A buddy of mine up the street also ordered dual tops after me and got his the other day and it did ship with it.
Sponsored