Sponsored

Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived?

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Grateful not to be alone as I "patiently" await our new JLUR-XR. I admit I am not really that patient. A fact Sister Mercedes pointed out to me years ago when she reminded me, "Patience is a virtue." To which I responded, "...in short supply." That got me an afternoon or two of detention and some serious paper airplane studies completed. But I digress.

What do you call your Jeep? Or do you have a custom plate? How did the naming come about? Did you pick out a name before your Jeep arrived or after. Share you story–

Ordered the new JLUR XR back in August, ordered the custom plate in October. We will see which arrives first.
Jeep Wrangler JL Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived? D256BA0E-A0E3-45FD-B5A1-7AC4EA7079D0_4_5005_c

I prefer being outside to inside. Maybe it started when Mom sent us out and told us not to come back until dark. Over the years the Jeeps, Landrovers and Toyota's have helped me stay outside where life is best–
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep doesn't have any special name, and I doubt it ever will. Nothing at all against doing that, just no personal inclination.

I do have a vanity plate that was ordered and delivered before my Jeep was. It's an ode to my wife and my favorite television show, Supernatural. The show uses a lot of 80's and 90's references. One of which is the 2 main characters being dubbed Moose and Squirrel, after the old Rocky and Bullwinkle comics.

About a year before I got the Jeep, my wife and I adopted a Maltese dog. We named him Moose. Haha, small dog with a big name. Knowing I was more than likely gonna go a bit nuts with the Jeep, and happened to be needing the plates renewed, I thought something other than a random number would look better. Figured I'd take things full circle so where there's a Moose, there must be a Squirrel. Haha again, big Jeep with a small name. My short answer, for when I get asked out in public on occasion, is that like a squirrel it will climb just about everything.
Jeep Wrangler JL Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived? 20211013_132700

OP
OP
cornercanyon

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
My Jeep doesn't have any special name, and I doubt it ever will. Nothing at all against doing that, just no personal inclination.

I do have a vanity plate that was ordered and delivered before my Jeep was. It's an ode to my wife and my favorite television show, Supernatural. The show uses a lot of 80's and 90's references. One of which is the 2 main characters being dubbed Moose and Squirrel, after the old Rocky and Bullwinkle comics.

About a year before I got the Jeep, my wife and I adopted a Maltese dog. We named him Moose. Haha, small dog with a big name. Knowing I was more than likely gonna go a bit nuts with the Jeep, and happened to be needing the plates renewed, I thought something other than a random number would look better. Figured I'd take things full circle so where there's a Moose, there must be a Squirrel. Haha again, big Jeep with a small name. My short answer, for when I get asked out in public on occasion, is that like a squirrel it will climb just about everything.
Jeep Wrangler JL Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived? 20211013_132700
I like it. Solid story that speaks to family and time together outdoors. Just why we love our Jeeps—

Codak

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Got my gecko about a month ago and interim name is “jeep jeep” from my girl - we’ll see where it goes after the mods and adventures start but my plate was delivered a few days ago
Jeep Wrangler JL Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived? 2021C8C3-5FD3-4BD5-AC00-A5782622B98B

Kimmi

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac ATS, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (maybe)
Got my gecko about a month ago and interim name is “jeep jeep” from my girl - we’ll see where it goes after the mods and adventures start but my plate was delivered a few days ago
Jeep Wrangler JL Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived? 2021C8C3-5FD3-4BD5-AC00-A5782622B98B
Fellow NH person here! Love the plate!

Sponsored

OP
OP
cornercanyon

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Looking forward to hearing your daughter's expressions. There must be a story for GREENAF, too—

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
Still waiting for my build update, but yes it’s named. I named it after my wife. “goat” is her nick name. When we go hiking that little 5’ Asian is always 300’ ahead of everyone. You put her on a trail and she gone. So I couldn’t think of a better name for my Willy’s.

Gravy

OP
OP
cornercanyon

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Do you guys have a gender reveal party for your soon to arrive Jeep so that you know what to name your Jeep?
We didn't for the first two, and I doubt the photo album will get finished either—

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Mine's name is Joyride, and it's actually the first female vehicle I've owned.

I'm a believer that vehicles can't be named in advance - they'll reveal their names to you. Not like people or anything, just...the name always seems to come to me after a bit.

Joyride follows my other vehicles:
- Gomer [Pyle]
- The Beast
- Little Booger
- HOSS
- Franklin
- Old Blue

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Nellebelle , Happy Trails To You ....... Roy.......

Past the Pavement

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 392 [Reign]
Build Thread
Link
I chose my name before, but decided to not muddy things with the dealer being "middleman" and waited until my standard plates came in before swapping to custom.

He's Daruk, a '21 JLU Rubicon 4xe. Named after a character from the Zelda video game series (I work in gaming tech space). I don't have recent pics handy but here's a few from before I started receiving/installing upgrades (COVID shipping suuuucks). I poured over various names but this fit the plate and is pretty spot on. Daruk, afterall, literally eats rocks lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived? E63U1R6VoAARQ4C

Jeep Wrangler JL Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived? PXL_20210905_213120573_76

OP
OP
cornercanyon

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mine's name is Joyride, and it's actually the first female vehicle I've owned.

I'm a believer that vehicles can't be named in advance - they'll reveal their names to you. Not like people or anything, just...the name always seems to come to me after a bit.

Joyride follows my other vehicles:
- Gomer [Pyle]
- The Beast
- Little Booger
- HOSS
- Franklin
- Old Blue
Interesting; mine have all been gals. What's your story with this Jeep—

OP
OP
cornercanyon

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I chose my name before, but decided to not muddy things with the dealer being "middleman" and waited until my standard plates came in before swapping to custom.

He's Daruk, a '21 JLU Rubicon 4xe. Named after a character from the Zelda video game series (I work in gaming tech space). I don't have recent pics handy but here's a few from before I started receiving/installing upgrades (COVID shipping suuuucks). I poured over various names but this fit the plate and is pretty spot on. Daruk, afterall, literally eats rocks lol.

E63U1R6VoAARQ4C.jpeg

PXL_20210905_213120573_76.jpg
In Texas you order a custom plate which is sent to the county tax collector. Once it arrives you bring your ID and a checkbook to assign that plate to a vehicle you own. I am betting the JLUR shows before the plate.

Great story and another Utah man (BS'88 ). I miss Utah—

Past the Pavement

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 392 [Reign]
Build Thread
Link
In Texas you order a custom plate which is sent to the county tax collector. Once it arrives you bring your ID and a checkbook to assign that plate to a vehicle you own. I am betting the JLUR shows before the plate.

Great story and another Utah man (BS'88 ). I miss Utah—
Nice, I like your build. As ridiculous as it sounds having only put 4k miles on the 4xe, I've been getting mine back to stock to sell and order a 'normal' rubi xr. There's a lot of good to the 4xe (I love the nearly one foot driving and crawling silently down trails is absolutely inspiring) but it's not going to work out as well as I anticipated for my use. So I'll hopefully be rocking one similar to yours (still Sting Gray tho) before too long. Go Utes!

(The soul of Daruk will transfer though, I'm not nearly through with him)
Sponsored