Sponsored

Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived?

OP
OP
cornercanyon

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Didn't name my Jeep, but I did brand it with my hobby/pastime/obsession...

Jeep Wrangler JL Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived? IMG_20210908_120714486_HDR
Very cool. I can't recall the last time I threw a Frisbee–

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Thought about getting my plate with some letters of my name & the Jeep version (JLOS JL).

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
My 94 YJ was named Chirpy because of a high pitched squeek, most likely metal rubbing near the transmission housing.

For my 2021 ordered in October last year I had lots of time awaiting the order and planned some possible names. I like to believe I would have changed in the first couple months if the vehicle ended up having a different character, but he is decidedly Anaximander. There are occasions where I'll use Anax in private conversations, which I guess would have to be the plates if I ever go custom.

Anaximander (to simplify) being the father of cosmology and astronomy believed that things weren't chaos but followed laws. Instead of driving off-road bouncing around in chaos like it's a desert race, my Jeep hugs the trail hoping not to roll while crawling along with the mechanical motion of the earth and the cosmos...

...which in all likelihood will drop a meteor or tree on us or something. :bandit:

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
I always referred to my Jeeps by their color:
Red Jeep, green jeep, silver Jeep or just "jeep".

Never thought to give them names because in my head they are really an extension of myself in a way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cornercanyon

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I always referred to my Jeeps by their color:
Red Jeep, green jeep, silver Jeep or just "jeep".

Never thought to give them names because in my head they are really an extension of myself in a way.
An extension of self; nice–

OP
OP
cornercanyon

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
My 94 YJ was named Chirpy because of a high pitched squeek, most likely metal rubbing near the transmission housing.

For my 2021 ordered in October last year I had lots of time awaiting the order and planned some possible names. I like to believe I would have changed in the first couple months if the vehicle ended up having a different character, but he is decidedly Anaximander. There are occasions where I'll use Anax in private conversations, which I guess would have to be the plates if I ever go custom.

Anaximander (to simplify) being the father of cosmology and astronomy believed that things weren't chaos but followed laws. Instead of driving off-road bouncing around in chaos like it's a desert race, my Jeep hugs the trail hoping not to roll while crawling along with the mechanical motion of the earth and the cosmos...

...which in all likelihood will drop a meteor or tree on us or something. :bandit:
Let us hope not. Though a meteor would certainly be noteworthy and perhaps historical–

Aprful

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL
I’m waiting on delivery of my New Jeep 21’ Hydro Blue JLU Sahara (In Transit). Woohoo!! Ive had a custom plate for many years started when I bought my first motorcycle I don’t have one of those any more so I put it on my car tag. Ive been tossing around names but nothing has stuck so will see.

40A2ECA7-65D7-4EC1-A793-0912D318D1C6.jpeg

Snazzy71

First Name
Lee-Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry WILLYS JL 2 Door
Got my gecko about a month ago and interim name is “jeep jeep” from my girl - we’ll see where it goes after the mods and adventures start but my plate was delivered a few days ago
Jeep Wrangler JL Did you name (brand, custom plate,...) your jeep before or after it arrived? 40A2ECA7-65D7-4EC1-A793-0912D318D1C6
That plate is awesome! Fellow NHer here as well! Waiting on the DMV to get my vanity plate :)