Sponsored

Did you know? They're still making the almighty Lada Niva!

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Johnny Smith just reviewed the 2021 model.

So Renault bought Lada and they're still doing the Niva. It's still pretty basic with a deluxe package that comes with electric windows, A/C and...a radio. Wow.

I had the opportunity to drive one last year. A friend of mine bought a '95 model with very low mileage on it. And that little beast goes absolutely anywhere and everywhere.

Is the interior cheap? Oh yes. Does it have reliability issues? Of course. But parts are so cheap that you can't give more than a crap about hitting the car everywhere while off-roading.

Honestly, if that thing was on sale in North America, i'm not sure i'd be bothered waiting 8 months to get my Jeep order. I'd just get one of these and beat the crap out of it.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Has some of the same DNA as the 2.0 JL.....Fiat! LOL!

Fascinating vehicle, really. I laughed hard when he said the interior smelled rubbery like the store room at a dive club! LOL!

Gotta say one thing is impressive.....It has at least a rear locker. It sounded like he said lockers, though, so maybe the front, too?

The most impressive thing is that the engine ingested water and did NOT hydrolock! Loved seeing the water shoot out of the plug holes when they turned it over. Then he drove home. Incredible, really! Jokes aside, that thing is Russian rugged!

I'll take the Putin model with the camo!

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Has some of the same DNA as the 2.0 JL.....Fiat! LOL!

Fascinating vehicle, really. I laughed hard when he said the interior smelled rubbery like the store room at a dive club! LOL!

Gotta say one thing is impressive.....It has at least a rear locker. It sounded like he said lockers, though, so maybe the front, too?

The most impressive thing is that the engine ingested water and did NOT hydrolock! Loved seeing the water shoot out of the plug holes when they turned it over. Then he drove home. Incredible, really! Jokes aside, that thing is Russian rugged!

I'll take the Putin model with the camo!
They're really attractive indeed. I'd grab a Bronto, personally. But yeah...North America won't ever get these again, I think.
Sponsored