Sponsored

Did you know the 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler 3.6 has two batteries.

Did you know Wrangler has 2 batteies?

• Total voters

Brazilbombsqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
There is small aux battery located under the main battery. Its the stop start battery.
Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
They also took away our Off-Road Pages, there's a 2018 "JK" model, your engine stopping and starting at a stop light is normal, and there's a major steering lockup issue in case anyone hasn't heard. :captain:

kstjarre

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLU Sport S, 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
They also took away our Off-Road Pages, there's a 2018 "JK" model, your engine stopping and starting at a stop light is normal, and there's a major steering lockup issue in case anyone hasn't heard. :captain:
And the cooling fan is loud

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Seriously though, I want to know if the Turbo 2.0 has 2 or 3 batteries. And I also want to know if the 2019 3.6L with eTorque is going to have 2 or 3 batteries. And I also want to know how many batteries the diesel is going to have if we ever end up getting that at all.

Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
LMAO. 37 is working well for me, the dealer supplied 45 was not so much.
Yes 37 has been great. Mine came 42-43 cold and would warm up to 45-46. Did not handle the way a brand new vehicle should. Im not sure why they continually provide such high pressure in their brand new vehicles when the door jam states a much lower pressure.

Mousehunter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU
I am curious when the diesel will get eTorque. Given diesel on my truck was a 8k option (or felt like it). Diesel and eTorque should be a 10k option...

Plus my diesel has 2 primary batteries, so that plus’s the ESS and eTorque would be 4 batteries

Last edited:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I wonder if I'll get better gas mileage traveling SOUTH, because of the GPS system ??????

Whatever

JIMBO

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Yes, however, they are coming back in September for all Wranglers bought in 2018

POWDO

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Seriously though, I want to know if the Turbo 2.0 has 2 or 3 batteries. And I also want to know if the 2019 3.6L with eTorque is going to have 2 or 3 batteries. And I also want to know how many batteries the diesel is going to have if we ever end up getting that at all.

Two. The third battery and associated wiring burns up, leaving two batteries under the hood remaining. :giggle:

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I voted no because I didn't until I saw the video from Jeepinformant. What amazes me is with all the warning stickers all over most new vehicles, this is actually a case where a warning sticker might actually be a good idea.
Sponsored