Sponsored

Did you know the 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler 3.6 has two batteries.

Did you know Wrangler has 2 batteies?

• Total voters

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I want to thank all of you 2018 buyers for helping Jeep complete their beta, identifying issues and hopefully all will be resolved for 2019+. LOL.
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I want to thank all of you 2018 buyers for helping Jeep complete their beta, identifying issues and hopefully all will be resolved for 2019+. LOL.
You're welcome! No issues with Lil'Hulk imo, so yeah the beta test went exceptionally well LOL!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Rick: I totally get the humorous nature of this post, as well as its seriousness: and you have a point. With eyes wide open I bought the first year of a new model. To hedge my risk somewhat I did so with a warranty, although I would have done that for a 2019, 2020, etc.

My rationale was that all eyes were on FCA and they couldn't afford to get the JL too wrong: and I think for the most part they've hit their mark.

Sure, there are problems, and there was the cruise control recall, and individual horror stories. And sure, warranty or not, if the dealer won't take your JL for 3 weeks, and need 3 more to fix it, "learning the JL" on your rig, somehow, I don't think that the repair won't cost you out of pocket will be much consolation.

But model years without a design change have also produced problems: sometimes worse than the initial release. I enjoyed my JL one year sooner, and what I'm sure will be a cheaper price even adjusted for inflation and new features like the 2019 adaptive cruise control than the rig will be offered at going forward.

Life's a series of tradeoffs I imagine.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I can understand your rationale Russ, but-

This NEW JL is no different than all DETROIT's been doing for over 85 years-except-

This JL isn't NEW, it just has some MODS that any of the previous jeep JK owners may have done on the side--BUT NOW/W WARRANTY-

After owning jeeps/4wd vehicles for over 60 years, my JL RUBY is the finest jeep I've EVER OWNED and as of now is FLAWLESS--

I've been a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth owner for decades and my RAM is the finest PICKUP I've ever had--I probably aughta sell for Chrysler !

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

Grumpy Wrangler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door JL
Vehicle Showcase
And that’s why I bought in the last quarter.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My trackbar hasn't ripped out of its welds so I'm happy

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry could y'all speak up? Cant hear what you are saying because Im Idling with my AC on high.
ROFLLL betta move outta the wayyy!

NGL...I love how loud my fan is...I don't actually see the problem with this lol. But i like loud stuff anyway: loud pipes save lives and apparently so do loud fans! I'm wit it! :rock::rock::rock:

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Rick: I totally get the humorous nature of this post, as well as its seriousness: and you have a point. With eyes wide open I bought the first year of a new model. To hedge my risk somewhat I did so with a warranty, although I would have done that for a 2019, 2020, etc.

My rationale was that all eyes were on FCA and they couldn't afford to get the JL too wrong: and I think for the most part they've hit their mark.

Sure, there are problems, and there was the cruise control recall, and individual horror stories. And sure, warranty or not, if the dealer won't take your JL for 3 weeks, and need 3 more to fix it, "learning the JL" on your rig, somehow, I don't think that the repair won't cost you out of pocket will be much consolation.

But model years without a design change have also produced problems: sometimes worse than the initial release. I enjoyed my JL one year sooner, and what I'm sure will be a cheaper price even adjusted for inflation and new features like the 2019 adaptive cruise control than the rig will be offered at going forward.

Life's a series of tradeoffs I imagine.
Good post. It's good to wait it out but I have had some good luck with new model changes, my 97 TJ for example. With the 2019's and later models provides me more reasons to go 18 vs the newer tech with BSG (I think that's the abreviation lol). I really want nothing to do with what I think is a mess. wanna be wrong here.

Sponsored

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Sahara, 2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah Covert Austin around May
I thought I recognized the setting of your picture. I bought the same model and color as your jeep in there at Covert in April. Maybe I will see you around at one of the AustinJeepPeople events. Happy trails.
Sponsored