Sponsored

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

• Total voters

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Did you get the proximity entry feature?
Got it, thumbs up for me. Had it on our Jeep GC, very convenient. Plus great safty feature for wife and daughter by entering car alot faster, personally I like carrying a gun for potential thief's.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Question, if you have the proximity entry feature and you exit the vehicle, leave the key fob inside the vehicle, push the button on the outside door handle to lock it, do you lock your key fob in the car or is it smart enough to know that the key fob is inside the car and won't lock when you push the button on the outside handle?

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Question, if you have the proximity entry feature and you exit the vehicle, leave the key fob inside the vehicle, push the button on the outside door handle to lock it, do you lock your key fob in the car or is it smart enough to know that the key fob is inside the car and won't lock when you push the button on the outside handle?
Key Fob must be outside the Vehicle to operate.

Sponsored

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
Does anyone know if this can be added afterwards at the dealer? I didn't order my JL, just happened to be at the dealer when they were unloading it off the truck and bought it. It's the one option it's missing that I would have added.

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Does anyone know if this can be added afterwards at the dealer? I didn't order my JL, just happened to be at the dealer when they were unloading it off the truck and bought it. It's the one option it's missing that I would have added.
Same with me. Mine came in the night before and was the only option missing. Wish I had it

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Same with me. Mine came in the night before and was the only option missing. Wish I had it
I haven't found an answer, but I have heard several times that "it would be very expensive, need new door handles, wiring changes, sensors have to be added, etc. etc." How about if each of us call all of the dealers within 50 miles radius then report back here what you find out?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I had it on my Renegade and knew I didn't feel strongly either way about it for my next vehicle. So, yea, didn't get it on this one. No difference to me, really.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wonder if other Jeep models (Grand Cherokee, etc.) can have proximity entry added after taking delivery. If yes, then there is hope for the Wrangler JL.

Sponsored

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
I'm tempted to give @jeremyjeep the $495 to add it on his build so he stops posting polls about it over and over. ;)

In all seriousness, I'm adding it to my Jeep when Mojito is released. I'd rather spend the little amount of money and have it, than not get it and regret it.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm tempted to give @jeremyjeep the $495 to add it on his build so he stops posting polls about it over and over. ;)

In all seriousness, I'm adding it to my Jeep when Mojito is released. I'd rather spend the little amount of money and have it, than not get it and regret it.
I only posted one survey. The dealership told me it was on my original order (February 2018), but it wasn't. I didn't see it on the order sheet and they said it was part of the technology package (wrong). So I placed a new-order (March 2018), now my new order is stuck in D because of dual top and won't switch to D1 until mid-May 2018 which means it will arrive towards the end of July (using the same amount of time the original order is taking once it hit D1 status). It isn't about $495, it is about getting the order right

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Here is a response about adding the remote proximity feature:

Only from the factory. I'd assume if you tried it, even if/when the parts came out, it would cost thousands and you would be pissed. Our service wouldn't install it, I can tell you that. You would have to go with someone else or aftermarket.

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I had it on my Charger. It feels weird without it now. And the key fob is smart. I used to leaving the key in my jacket and throw it in the trunk like a idiot. I'd shut the trunk 2-3 times and cuss my car out as the trunk proceeded to open on its own... and then I would realize... oh yeah... key's in the Jacket... lol :facepalm: It's convenient. Key never leaves the pocket. :like:
Sponsored