Sponsored

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

• Total voters

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Let's all call several dealers in our areas, and ask both the parts and service department and ask. Someone some where knows. And ask the same question about Grand Cherokees since they have a more established history. My concern about aftermarket like the one in the example is that it could violate the warranty.
Warranty? Nahhh, installing what amounts to an aftermarket alarm has never voided anyone’s warranty - that’s just dealership sales guy fearmongering.
Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Very good point. You have to touch the key FOB any way to remote start it. Does your A/C cool your car after you remote start or do you have to manually turn the A/C on each time?
I'll have to double check but I think the AC settings are where you left them last. If I have the heater on when I turned off the car it'll be the same when I remote start it on.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
This feature is really addictive. That was the big surprise of my 1200 mi trek back to FL. Don't have to deal with the keys is great ... and carefree. :)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
There must be a way to set it because the one at the dealership a few weeks ago was not working very good. I had to push the button 3 or 4 times sometimes to get it to unlock the doors. So when you push it to lock the doors when leaving does it beep and flash the lights to let you know the doors are locked and the factory alarm is set like t would if you used the key fob ?

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There must be a way to set it because the one at the dealership a few weeks ago was not working very good. I had to push the button 3 or 4 times sometimes to get it to unlock the doors. So when you push it to lock the doors when leaving does it beep and flash the lights to let you know the doors are locked and the factory alarm is set like t would if you used the key fob ?
Push what button? You just open it up. To lock it you just walk away.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Push what button? You just open it up. To lock it you just walk away.
See that's what I thought this one on the door handles had a little button that you pushed in. what else could that been that's what the guy was telling me to do you have to push this little button on the door handles. I thought I read where you just touch the door handle but this one had little buttons that you pushed in

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Just to add to this...I have it and love it. However, it's not perfect.

See here. Its a long read, but may be worth it.

Through trial and error, we figured out the initial problem. Essentially, it has issues if used with either of the two forms of remote start.

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The one at the dealership had a little button on the door handle like whete you push with your thumb to make it work. What was that if you're supposed to just grab the door handle what was a little button that he told me to push that took like three four times to make it work

Joltes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 1969 VW Beetle
Vehicle Showcase
The little button is for locking it.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Lol. That shows you how much the salesman new he's trying to lock the doors by pushing the button. SMH. These salesman you think they train them before putting them out there acting like they know what they're doing

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So pushing the button usually lock ait the first time most of the time ? And when it does lock it does it make the horn sound and flash the lights like it would if you push the remote ?

Joltes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. That shows you how much the salesman new he's trying to lock the doors by pushing the button. SMH. These salesman you think they train them before putting them out there acting like they know what they're doing
70F3EB52-A498-43BC-8E7C-279595F4442D.png

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have too many options on my build sheet I am finalizing today. Wife says I have to cut about 3000 dollars to make the payment a little cheaper. This was one of them things I was going to cut including the headliner installation that's almost five hundred bucks. I don't want that or need it can I add that later if I need it. Soft tops don't have it so it can't be that big of a deal on a hardtop. Going to have to cut cold weather package don't have a choice that's almost 900. My Jeep stays in the garage now anytime I'm home it stays in the in the garage hot or cold. My says she's the one that needs it her new car is outside all the time LOL. I've had remote start before never used it didn't need at home in the mornings or afternoons if I went somewhere hot or cold. I don't see myself using it leaving restaurants never did that either so I don't think I'll need the remote start either. If I add that that's almost 500 so you might as well get the cold weather package for another 300. Was going to drop the leather and that would put me at 3000 that I've dropped off but I'm not getting the cloth I'm going to go with the leather I want the letter after seeing and talking to people. Every time I take my dog somewhere the hair stick to this cloth seats I have now it's a mess to get off he's a long haired Australian Shepherd. Not getting the safety group package don't want to have to replace tail lights at 800 bucks. And not interested in blind-spot indicators anyway. Nothing else I really want to cut everything else I need

Joltes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, there are many who don't know anything, and just guess. There is a thread about stupid things overheard at the dealer.
Sponsored