Sponsored

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

• Total voters

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Here is a response about adding the remote proximity feature:
I can’t imagine it would cost thousands. The inside already has the sensors. You may have to get new handles but that should be a quick swap. Not sure about the wiring harness, but the harness could already be there. I would think at that point either plug in play or you would have to turn on a feature. Maybe I’m being to optimistic.

:)
Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I can’t imagine it would cost thousands. The inside already has the sensors. You may have to get new handles but that should be a quick swap. Not sure about the wiring harness, but the harness could already be there. I would think at that point either plug in play or you would have to turn on a feature. Maybe I’m being to optimistic.

:)
There’s definitely a lot of would/could in your post that’s for sure... lol

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Does anyone know if this can be added afterwards at the dealer? I didn't order my JL, just happened to be at the dealer when they were unloading it off the truck and bought it. It's the one option it's missing that I would have added.
Probably not the factory one, but an aftermarket system is pretty easy and relatively cheap.

Example - https://advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK105B.html

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Probably not the factory one, but an aftermarket system is pretty easy and relatively cheap.

Example - https://advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK105B.html
Let's all call several dealers in our areas, and ask both the parts and service department and ask. Someone some where knows. And ask the same question about Grand Cherokees since they have a more established history. My concern about aftermarket like the one in the example is that it could violate the warranty.

Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No I didn't want it and dont need it. I dont mind pressing a button to lock and unlock it, but if I had proximity entry I'd still press the remote start button to start which I use alot.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
No I didn't want it and dont need it. I dont mind pressing a button to lock and unlock it, but if I had proximity entry I'd still press the remote start button to start which I use alot.
Very good point. You have to touch the key FOB any way to remote start it. Does your A/C cool your car after you remote start or do you have to manually turn the A/C on each time?

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
I didn't get it and given don't have to pull the keys out of my pocket for starting the vehicle I should have ordered it. Plus every time I pull the damn keys out of my pocket the key pops out of the fob and snags up on my pocket.

automaton

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
We got it. It works great. I have had a couple instances where it hesitated a second or so before unlocking. That's the only issue I've had and I love that I can leave the key in my pocket and never remove it.

Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If you are this conflicted, you need it.
Agree with that! I have it on my truck now and I absolutely love it! Unfortunately, another thing that my truck has that I'll miss is auto cruise control. I wouldn't have thought it would be a big deal until I used it on a bunch of road trips. But not complaining...I'll take my jeep I dont have yet any day, even on 5-7 hr road trips I take often! Bring it on! The wait is killing me!

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
I have it and love it, however when I picked mine up and noticed a Renegade in the showroom with the option for $205 I was pissed. Is it really 150% more to add it to a Wrangler?

BradyAntebellum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR- Black
Question, if you have the proximity entry feature and you exit the vehicle, leave the key fob inside the vehicle, push the button on the outside door handle to lock it, do you lock your key fob in the car or is it smart enough to know that the key fob is inside the car and won't lock when you push the button on the outside handle?
Yes. It makes it impossible to lock your keys inside your car lol

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have it and love it, however when I picked mine up and noticed a Renegade in the showroom with the option for $210 I was pissed. Is it really 150% more to add it to a Wrangler?
Ha! Of course not! They do it because they can! I'm sure the margin they make on the Wrangler is higher than any other vehicle in their lineup...if not any car maker's lineup. Now be quiet and take your medicine! ;-) When I look at the kind of vehicle I can get for what I'm paying for my JLUR, I cringe a little. But, there's just nothing else like it. I've had two CJ7's, two TJs, a JKUR and now the JLUR. Should be my last at 47 years old. Hoping I can keep it running for a long time!
Sponsored