Sponsored

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

• Total voters

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Me, too. I lowered my aim by 1.5 turns (there’s another thread on aiming and someone else figured out that 1.5 turns was helpful for a stock Rubi) and now I’m rarely flashed.
Good to hear that is an option. I test drove a Rubi last night and even got a bit blinded as the salesman drove it up to the showroom while I was standing there.
Just for another point of reference, I've owned two 2018 Wranglers already, both with the LED package. I bought the first in January and the second only a month back, now. I've not been flashed a single time in either vehicle.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
i didn't get it... wishing i had. hope to add it aftermarket. it seems all the bits are there, just need to get the door handles and enable it using Tazer.
For anyone remotely considering it, I'd order it. It will be very difficult, near impossible or very expensive afterwards.

There is a thread somewhere about adding the proximity door entry afterwards. Currently it does not look possible according to the person who researched it. He seemed very competent and research it pretty throughly. I think he ordered different door handles and other parts to try. He ran into a roadblock at the programing.

Here is a link to the thread.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/proximity-locks-added.10769/

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Just for another point of reference, I've owned two 2018 Wranglers already, both with the LED package. I bought the first in January and the second only a month back, now. I've not been flashed a single time in either vehicle.
Rubicon or other? My theory is that FCA does not account for the additional height of Rubi (bigger tires and stiffer suspension make it almost 2” taller).

If you say Rubi then, perhaps, my theory is debunked. :)

I would like to properly adjust my aim, but don’t have easy access to perfectly flat ground with 25’ of pavement and a wall. :-/

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Mine didn't come with it but I sure wish it did. It does have the remote key so that sort of helps. My car I traded in had it and unless you've had it before you have no idea how sweet it is to never take your keys out of your pocket or bag. And to have your hands full and still be able to push that button on the trunk/cargo door is nice. In fact I was starting to walk up to my house and turning the handle only to remember duh...reality! ha ha! Oh well...I can't tell you how many times I've walked up to my Jeep and just pulled the handle at first thinking I forgot to bring the keys then I remember and have to pull the brick out of my pocket and unlock it with the button. Talk about first world problems.

Mousehunter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU
No because I did not realize it was missing and my wife did the test drive. Dealer refused to return calls and am waiting until the 2019’s are out to unload the mistake. Honestly remote start without proximity? Good marketing, to bad your sales staff care more about selling what is available than customer satisfaction. I even asked the salesman, what was missing on our loaded Rubicon.
Sponsored