Sponsored

Did you get the dealer to toss in any extras for free?

Did you negotiate for free accessories?

• Total voters

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
You've got to be kidding me right? Look I get that you are trying to sound smart and all but....
  1. I am 52 so how much more time 'under my belt' would you like me to get?
  2. My deal and numbers stayed exactly the same to the cent.. Had I not asked for it and not got it I would have still paid exactly the same as I did with them tossing it in.
I guess in your world it's best to not ask, not get and still pay the same.. SMH
This. Look, I realize they made a profit. Duh. I don’t think the question was “did your dealer go underwater and close shop because they gave away too much?” The OP asked about what you may have gotten free. I got my deal put together, I checked the numbers and it was what I wanted. Then I asked to throw in tint, oil changes, and some accessories and I’ll sign today. He agreed. So if he still made money is not my concern. I could have taken the deal without that. But I didn’t finance it and I didn’t pay cash for it. So the official answer is “it’s free to me”.
Sponsored

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
It's pretty simple. If the dealer still has enough margin to through in some extras "free" then you left money on the table.

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
It's pretty simple. If the dealer still has enough margin to through in some extras "free" then you left money on the table.
And you know that how exactly? If you think I left money on the table or that's your way of minimizing what someone else got then cool beans, rock on I suppose..

Maybe we can get back on topic and discuss it rather than having self proclaimed financial experts tell those of us who got something tossed in how screwed we got, how we left money on the table and how we need more 'time under our belts'?

Anyways, keep em coming on what you got the dealer to toss in...

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I don't get how you got the JL Mopar headliner. I have searched Google and been to the parts department at a dealership and they called corporate and they can't find a part number because it's still in development!
No clue! In fact I tried to find pics of a plain interior to double check I got a liner.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
And you know that how exactly? If you think I left money on the table or that's your way of minimizing what someone else got then cool beans, rock on I suppose..

Maybe we can get back on topic and discuss it rather than having self proclaimed financial experts tell those of us who got something tossed in how screwed we got, how we left money on the table and how we need more 'time under our belts'?

Anyways, keep em coming on what you got the dealer to toss in...
Does not matter how good you think you got out of a deal, someone is going to come by and crap on your parade and say they got a better deal. Not every transaction has to be total scorched earth warfare squeezing the last nickle out of a deal. If you were happy with it, that is all that matters.

Sponsored

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does not matter how good you think you got out of a deal, someone is going to come by and crap on your parade and say they got a better deal. Not every transaction has to be total scorched earth warfare squeezing the last nickle out of a deal. If you were happy with it, that is all that matters.
Agree! I was merely interested in hearing what other people got dealers to toss in and not having the Negative Nancy - Self proclaimed financial experts turning it into something other...

Meh, it's the internet... I get that but still....

I am happy with the deal I got and I am happy I got a free winch accessory kit tossed in.. :D

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
And yes- back to the headliner question. I did actually ask for that and was told he would give it to me at cost when they show up. That was 5 months ago. Consider me jealous!

Bullheads1

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Healthcare Recruiter
Rather then get a hat or coffee mug I was able to get them to promise me employee price if I had my lift put on there. Bought my own wheels,tires and TPMS. Got them to mount and balance my own stuff, bought the lift with install and new lug nuts all the way for a chunk lower then they originally quoted. Not free but discount was more then a mug or hat. Did it all for $1,900.

66ADBE10-CC8D-445B-A365-FEA635E8EDAB.jpeg

Bullheads1

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Healthcare Recruiter
Agree! I was merely interested in hearing what other people got dealers to toss in and not having the Negative Nancy - Self proclaimed financial experts turning it into something other...

Meh, it's the internet... I get that but still....

I am happy with the deal I got and I am happy I got a free winch accessory kit tossed in.. :D
I would have been happy to get that. I haven’t seen one but guessing they would want a couple hundred bucks for it. That’s a better score than a hat.

JLU jax

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Per the title, did you get the dealer to toss in any accessories, free services ect for free?

I got the Jeep Trail Rated Accessory Kit tossed on with my Sport purchase..

Not a huge score on my part but since I was already planning on adding a winch, I figured it would be a good toss in.. They had to order it but it came in last week....

If yes, what did you negotiate for?

$500 Visa card, running boards, hitch, trailer wiring, and three really nice jeep hats

And I I got a terrific price and they provided a rent a car while they did the install.

Sponsored

WutRoad

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite JLUSS
My sales guy and the 'closer' missed that they had dealer installed the step rails, gas cap door, grab handles and floor mats. I didn't miss them, so I don't feel like they were thrown in. But I did feel better about my deal when the closer came in and tried to add them back on.

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I would have been happy to get that. I haven’t seen one but guessing they would want a couple hundred bucks for it. That’s a better score than a hat.
I think they sell for about $180 but you can probably find them on eBay for half that.. It's a Jeep bag, 2 shackles, a tow strap and some Warn gloves. Overpriced for what it is but I can't complain since it didn't cost me anything.. I bet the dealer gets them cheap though..

Tossed my snatch block in the bag along with my tree strap and I'm ready to roll..

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
I got the dealer to throw in the all weather mats for free. I got it with the carpet mats and they ordered the mats for me and I went to pick them up a week and a half later
Sponsored