Sponsored

Did you get the dealer to toss in any extras for free?

Did you negotiate for free accessories?

• Total voters

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Paid 5% below invoice
Freebees included
Free pcm reprogram for bigger tires and adjusting shift points
Cost on parts for 6 months
2yr free oil changes
One extra year warranty
Sponsored

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, on the Wrangler Sport JLUS, They put on the 2018 what I had on the 2015.
I had the WeatherTec floor liners front and back, so they put in the Mopar Jeep slush mats front and back, The side step-up rails, and 4 Wrangler Duratrac LT315 /75 R17 127Q E2 BSW. And the 7 year service contract... that's worth its weight in gold...

Looking at what they sold my 2015 Wrangler JKU Sport, is what I paid for my 2018 JLU Sport-S.

Everyone gets the Jeep Wave, free oil changes,

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My oil changes were different than jeep wave. This dealer gives 2 yrs oil on any vehicle purchase. Same with the one year additional warranty.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I was very happy with the price so I didn't ask for anything.

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
I just got a $ 50 dollar gift card to use with parts at the same dealer. I used it to buy the Mopar hitch receiver that costs about $85. So I put $35 from my pocket.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I asked for nothing and got nothing beyond the deal, which was 5% below invoice at Koons for a factory order.

I wouldn't want the dealer to say, "hey, could you pay a little more than we bargained for (for example) the larger screen," so I didn't say it to him in reverse.

I'm not blind to the fact that the dealer probably had money to spare in his profit, just as I could have afforded to pay more. I was content knowing that after FCA volume incentives, the dealer clears a couple of $100 in profit from the sale. He has a right to profit. Running a dealership is expensive (as sure as Jim Koons makes lots of money.)

I'm content knowing that the sale went flawlessly. I seek win-win transactions in this world. I'm not blind to the fact that each entity in a deal has a right to do what's best by them within the scope of law and my philosophy may not work for you.

I dislike any aspect of a transaction that seeks to complicate its true terms. Throwing in goodies, failing to negotiate a trade-in independently of a new car sale...not for me. They are classic sales tactics to make a customer feel like they got a good deal and are as transparent as the invariable infomercial product that magically drops the last payment and still makes a profit.

See past them. See everything in net present value--what it costs in today's money, especially lease or loan terms versus the joy it brings you.

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Free pcm reprogram for bigger tires and adjusting shift points
Cost on parts for 6 months
One extra year warranty
Nice throw ins! Cost on parts will be nice if you plan on doing a lot of stock part upgrades.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A fe updrades for the jl and a fre for my tj

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I asked for nothing and got nothing
I seek win-win transactions in this world.
Self-contradictory .
An example of win-win is : dealer got the sale , and I got an extra 3rd key .
An example of asked for nothing and got nothing is : I got an extra 3rd key , and @RussJeep1 did Not get one . lol .

Last edited:

Pappy

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
After we had agreed on the price for the Rubicon to close the deal they agreed to throw in a Mopar winch mount.

CNPalmer

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Bought mine in February during the President's Day sale/incentives. Wasn't expecting to actually walk out driving a JLUS but stuff happens ;)

Sticker on mine was $51k for what I'm guessing is an almost fully loaded Sahara (I think one of the major items I didn't get was a soft top) but after my trade (2004 TJ w/170K and swiss cheese fenders & metal on metal brakes), minimal down and adding in the 7yr service plan I walked out paying $35k. I worked with the same sales guy who I bought my '04 from so that was a bit of luck on my part too. I had already been to another dealer to look at a slightly lower equipped JLUS and worked through some numbers there so I think I had a decent impression of what a "good" sale would mean in terms I was going to be happy with.

The dealer I went through pretty much dropped their pricing low enough for me not to even want to contemplate the other JL so I was very happy with the experience. I did get the obligatory "what else can we do to get you into this jeep today" question so I threw out tossing in the headliner and a full tank of gas at "no charge".

I may have still paid for those in the end in some way, shape or form but having that nice $0 listed to the dealer's handwriting made it feel like I got a leg up.

Side note, I'm still waiting for my headliner to arrive and have them install it but was told possibly August now :(

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I got leather seats and all weather floor mats thrown in. It was a Sahara off the lot and I did not want leather seats. Found one with cloth 10 miles away and dealer threw all them in to prevent me from going to the other dealer.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Well after reading some of your post it does give me a few ideas. I’m still not due to pick mine up for 2-4 weeks but I have a trade in I was given a price on with a possible $1,000 difference since I’m 400 miles away. If it’s low I can bargain for an extra key or maybe a few in stock items. Oil changes will do me no good so have to keep it smart! Shame I don’t wear hats!
Sponsored