Sponsored

Did you get the dealer to toss in any extras for free?

Did you negotiate for free accessories?

• Total voters

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Per the title, did you get the dealer to toss in any accessories, free services ect for free?

I got the Jeep Trail Rated Accessory Kit tossed on with my Sport purchase..

Not a huge score on my part but since I was already planning on adding a winch, I figured it would be a good toss in.. They had to order it but it came in last week....

If yes, what did you negotiate for?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@raqball
LOL....
Nothings free.. the dealer is always a head of you.

By the way, nothing in life is "free".

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
After all was settled on my JLUR and monies paid, Asked the dealer for 2 Jeep hats and would he throw in Mopar rubber mats. Yep no problem for free. Also he let me take 5 copies of the Jeep Wrangler Definitive guide.
How you doin!

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
After all was settled on my JLUR and monies paid, Asked the dealer for 2 Jeep hats and would he throw in Mopar rubber mats. Yep no problem for free. Also he let me take 5 copies of the Jeep Wrangler Definitive guide.
Same here... Except I asked after the numbers were agreed to and before going into finance..

Sponsored

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How you doin!
Well considering the numbers were already agreed to I'd say it was free but to each their own..
As a past business owner, a successful one, I always inflated prices a tad to cover the "can you throw this in" and can you "give me free admission", "Comp me dinner", on the day the deal was actually done. More often then not they never asked, but if they did I had figured in these incidentals into their bill a head of time.

A business owner is not there to give it away. If they do, they won't be in business long.

I won't belabor this but again, nothing in life is free. Get a few years under your belt and you will totally agree with this.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I'd say it's pretty cheap a dealer doesn't toss in a coffee mug, hat, etc...then they beg you for "all 10s" in their review.

Dealer gave me no SWAG, but somehow mine came with the headliner, lol!

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
As a past business owner, a successful one, I always inflated prices a tad to cover the "can you throw this in" and can you "give me free admission", "Comp me dinner", on the day the deal was actually done. More often then not they never asked, but if they did I had figured in these incidentals into their bill a head of time.

A business owner is not there to give it away. If they do, they won't be in business long.

I won't belabor this but again, nothing in life is free. Get a few years under your belt and you will totally agree with this.

Agree, they should throw in the cost of a $2.50 cost to make hat, or similar lol.

Let's not pretend they are going to comp you a $500 gift or anything though. I mean they are happy to strap a logo'ed dealer plate or tire cover though. My dealer rushed me just trying to find the engine block heater cord and launched into a story about how most of the time it is not included. Dudes took 4 hours to do my paperwork.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
More of a net neutral... but I said I would buy new 37" tires from the dealer (which are about $30 more than online each) if they would include the $150 tire size flash. Deal not complete but I got a verbal yes.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More of a net neutral... but I said I would buy new 37" tires from the dealer (which are about $30 more than online each) if they would include the $150 tire size flash. Deal not complete but I got a verbal yes.
@Arkewn

My guess is once sales finds out that it is different now with the JL... and that the dealer/service has to pay $ to FCA (unlike the way it was with the JK's) for the tire size flash that sales will not be so quick to agree to a deal like yours.

At a dealership, sales is a totally different lets say entity, then service/parts. Service & Parts actually bills sales for all the stuff they throw to buyers.

Of course, the deal they made with you may be greatly tilted in their favor so they can easily let $100+ slide... Hopefully, they make good on the verbal they gave you.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
The way a dealer juggles around numbers with trades and taxes for this and that you always pay for everything.

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
I'd say it's pretty cheap a dealer doesn't toss in a coffee mug, hat, etc...then they beg you for "all 10s" in their review.

Dealer gave me no SWAG, but somehow mine came with the headliner, lol!

I don't get how you got the JL Mopar headliner. I have searched Google and been to the parts department at a dealership and they called corporate and they can't find a part number because it's still in development!

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I selected No, but I guess my Sahara came with the metal Rubicon fuel door, delivery was first week of April. It might be standard now, didn’t seem to be then.

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Get a few years under your belt and you will totally agree with this.
You've got to be kidding me right? Look I get that you are trying to sound smart and all but....
  1. I am 52 so how much more time 'under my belt' would you like me to get?
  2. My deal and numbers stayed exactly the same to the cent.. Had I not asked for it and not got it I would have still paid exactly the same as I did with them tossing it in.
I guess in your world it's best to not ask, not get and still pay the same.. SMH
Sponsored