Sponsored

Did you get "North" badge with (Canadian) North Package?

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
In Canada, we have a "North" package (basically cold weather group, which includes selec-trac). The papers say that it includes the "North badge", but it was not included on my Jeep.

Has anyone ordered a 2020 with the North package, and did yours come with the badge? (There were badges on other models, just not on the Wranglers - even though the papers said it's included.)
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago when I lived in Canada, Jeep normally slapped a badge onto the tailgate of its special editions.

I think there was an XJ Klondike edition, if I am not mistaken. There ain't nothing back there?

Another thought: on the US Sahara Altitude, what Jeep calls "unique badging" is essentially removing the SAHARA fender emblems, and blacking out the Jeep fenders letters. There aren't any additional badges per se.

Sahara Altitude badging
20190611_145042-jpg.jpg

Sahara badging
Jeep Wrangler JL Did you get "North" badge with (Canadian) North Package? {filename}

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Interesting. I just went to check and mine looks has the basic Sahara badges (Sahara, Jeep, Wrangler Unlimited).

The Cherokee's on the lot had the badge on the back (they just say North), so I know they do put them on some of their models. My dealer says he's going to order one for me if he can't figure it out (I love that he can!).

JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Just ordered my 2020 Sahara in Canada, priced out every model and never came across a “North” package.

I went with Cold weather package without Selec-Trac.

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Just ordered my 2020 Sahara in Canada, priced out every model and never came across a “North” package.

I went with Cold weather package without Selec-Trac.
The North package includes Selec-Trac. The code is 22E.

Jeep Wrangler JL Did you get "North" badge with (Canadian) North Package? {filename}

Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Should come with a north badge if it actually has that package.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Wonder if it's one of those cases where the badge is shipped to dealership either with, or separately of, the Jeep with expectation of the dealer to install it before delivery...and the dealer totally unaware they are/were supposed to do so.

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Should come with a north badge if it actually has that package.

My biggest concern is that we paid for the Northern package, so I want to make sure, without a doubt, that nothing else in the package is missing. So far it looks like it's just the badge, but I did talk to my dealer this morning and he said that they ordered one for me and it will be there on Tuesday. They're about a 90 minute drive from us though, so we won't be able to pick it up until later in the week at the ABSOLUTE earliest, but no matter. I'll get my badge! :like:

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Wonder if it's one of those cases where the badge is shipped to dealership either with, or separately of, the Jeep with expectation of the dealer to install it before delivery...and the dealer totally unaware they are/were supposed to do so.
No, if it’s equipped with the package, the badge is supposed to come on the JL from the factory.

Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My biggest concern is that we paid for the Northern package, so I want to make sure, without a doubt, that nothing else in the package is missing. So far it looks like it's just the badge, but I did talk to my dealer this morning and he said that they ordered one for me and it will be there on Tuesday. They're about a 90 minute drive from us though, so we won't be able to pick it up until later in the week at the ABSOLUTE earliest, but no matter. I'll get my badge! :like:
Only thing really “unique” to separate the north edition from the rest is that badge cosmetically wise.

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Only thing really “unique” to separate the north edition from the rest is that badge cosmetically wise.
No no, I meant that possibly the North package wasn't added, and that something might have been missing. So we went over the "included with" sheet to make sure the only thing missing was the badge.

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella