Did you get Extended Warranty?

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Here’s what a non warranty heater core repair looks like on a JK. Thank god for friends who are mechanics

2D784675-943D-4909-B26A-FE7793EE30EF.jpeg

2C88BF3E-B2CB-4552-93D2-76860A8B1F6F.jpeg

F9FA8516-ED76-45F0-9C04-069E473F9557.jpeg

41686678-78C8-464F-9D8D-0868E1510E7A.jpeg

58F722B7-00D6-479B-B89F-C565578071EF.jpeg
Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Good gosh on that Heater Core! No issues with my 14 Sahara but dang this makes it seem like I just rolled the dice and the perfect analogy was losing sleep. On my Mercedes I did get the Maintenance package because just basic service is really expensive on an AMG. It's 100% worth it because you know you're going to pay for it period. For the JL, I hadn't thought about it until reading this thread. Where is the information for what lifetime warranty covers?

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
Good gosh on that Heater Core! No issues with my 14 Sahara but dang this makes it seem like I just rolled the dice and the perfect analogy was losing sleep. On my Mercedes I did get the Maintenance package because just basic service is really expensive on an AMG. It's 100% worth it because you know you're going to pay for it period. For the JL, I hadn't thought about it until reading this thread. Where is the information for what lifetime warranty covers?
Try this
http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/tools/articles.aspx?article=Why_Mopar_Warranty

Jeep Number 8

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hard Top and 2018 BMW 430i Hard top convertible.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder everyone’s opinion on the extended warranty. I didn’t get in my 2011 Wrangler, thank got. Not many problems with it. Never would have come close to getting my money back. Only reason I am considering Ian because if the new model, maybe some questions. Who got extended?
I opted for the extended warranty on my JL. I had it on my 2015 Sahara and used it three times. Once for the navigation/radio ($2200), wheel pressure sensors and computer programming.

DivingPyrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Musle Cars Shopping for a Jeep
I never buy them. But on modern vehicles it is a no brainer
lifetime bumper to bumper on my 2009 Charger just covered a new ignition, new main computer and ESC module
right at 4K in repairs.
Had a previous rear coupling replaced for about a grand
total out of pocket 200 bucks
So yeah with a vehicle that runs with no top and all those electronics, yes I will be getting the warranty

Sponsored

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
With our Grand Cherokee (2011) I decided to get it knowing we keep our cars for a while. Still have it (140k miles) and while it’s been great the lifetime warranty has paid for itself easily. Just last week a blender door brake (again) and we brought it in. Also asked them to balance the wheels because of some vibration and they called back and said we needed new shocks... all covered.

I’d say that if you plan on keeping it for a while it can be worth while and so far I’ve had zero issues with our dealership about what is and what is not covered. The most I have to do is remind them we have it when we bring it in.

Been looking to get a Wrangler so I’ve been lurking this forum, and I’d buy the warranty again.

thefrog

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6 speed manual
I returned my EW because the finance manager literally ripped me off (long story). After doing a bit of research, I opted for the Mechanical Breakdown Insurance offered by GEICO. Interesting thing was, I discovered I already had it as part of my Ins. package. I guess it's included by default for brand new vehicle purchases, with the option to remove it if you choose. It's a pretty good value IMO.

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
We bought the maxcare life with $100 deduct. Talking with the dealership, not all dealerships sell it because they don’t make much money on a FCA warranty plan. But obviously they provide the service on warranty plans. The only “fine print” that isn’t printed. If your warranty work is estimated to be more than the value of the car they will write you a check for the value of the car and end it at that point.

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
I have a Life time warranty on my 2011 JK, It paid for itself more than twice. Right out of normal warranty they replaced almost the entire front suspension including both drive shafts, and the shafts were only because they had ripped boots, about six months ago they replaced the entire fuel system, including tank and all lines etc. I still have the JK. I just bought a JL Rubicon and bought it again. Best money I have every spent. The only caveat is that it's not transferable to a new owner. I figure if I ever sell the JK I can say anytime the dealer said it had any kind of issue it was fixed.
Sponsored