Sponsored

Did the Wranger Unlimited lose it’s cool with the JL?

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
It's going to officially lose it's cool when the plug-in hybrid arrives....
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Nope the jl is the next cool jeep in a long line of cool jeeps. Just look a vette cool yes but driven by many old men doesn’t make a vette uncool. Same for jeep. It is now cooler than it has ever been. Just wait and watch what the aftermarket does. And wait to you see in person the first jlu rubicon with 2” lift and 37s.

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
The "Soccer" crew must have some money. So far Bentley, Lamborghini, Maserati, Porsche and Alfa Romeo are making crossover/SUVs now.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It wasn’t about women guys!!! I misspoke using the term soccer mom. I should have said soccer dad.

Cars all have certain audiences and I thought I was opening up a conversation about that but people got their feelings hurt
You mistake the fact that most here disagree with you as somehow having their feelings hurt or being offended.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It's going to officially lose it's cool when the plug-in hybrid arrives....
I don't know much about this stuff but wouldn't the hybrid give you a lot of instant torque? I think it would be ideal for off-road. It's not pure electric so it shouldn't have range issues. I hope its my next Jeep after this one. Although I'm not really cool any more so I guess I am just contributing to the Jeep demise.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Bah. Driving down a forest road with no noise, being able to listen to the wildlife? And I bet there's some nice torque too.
You know every time is see the relationship between Jeep and Tread Lightly I think of this. Yes there is a lot of crossover between enjoying the outdoors and off-roading. But I don't really think of Jeeps as treading lightly!

I mean, why wouldn't people who love mountains, trails, beaches, etc also be eco-advocates? The hybrid should be the Jeep holy grail! It is a weird dynamic.

And yes I am deliberately trying to take this thread off-topic.

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
You know every time is see the relationship between Jeep and Tread Lightly I think of this. Yes there is a lot of crossover between enjoying the outdoors and off-roading. But I don't really think of Jeeps as treading lightly!

I mean, why wouldn't people who love mountains, trails, beaches, etc also be eco-advocates? The hybrid should be the Jeep holy grail! It is a weird dynamic.

And yes I am deliberately trying to take this thread off-topic.
Yeah, don't get me started. There are definitely off-roaders who love nature, but ... yeah, gonna stop.

56nomad56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
I'm looking at my first Jeep purchase, a JLU Rubicon in Ocean Blue. Sat in traffic for 2 hours to get to the LA Auto Show JUST to see the Wrangler, and went back home. Jeep needs to sell in volume so they have the capital to invest in new technologies and improvements to their vehicles. Porsche sells Cayennes and Macans by the thousands, and that gives them the money to develop 911GT3s and other niche high performance variants.

My "soccer mom" wife loves her '11 Pathfinder 4x4, it's blocky and old school but she loves it and hates the Pathfinder redesign in 2014. The fact that it's "softer" (which it really isn't btw) is a good selling point, since it's the reputation of the JK as being coarse, unrefined, unsafe, and difficult to live with that kept us from buying a JKU.

Here in south Orange County CA most of the JKs are being used as mall crawlers already; the JL won't be anything new. Crawl under 95% of the lifted, high dollar JKs and you won't find any unsightly mud or sand marring that perfect underbody...

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Nope the jl is the next cool jeep in a long line of cool jeeps. Just look a vette cool yes but driven by many old men doesn’t make a vette uncool. Same for jeep. It is now cooler than it has ever been. Just wait and watch what the aftermarket does. And wait to you see in person the first jlu rubicon with 2” lift and 37s.
What is uncool is a guy with a big bald spot driving any convertible, lol. Sorry not meaning to offend, but as George Costanza would say: "It's the truth". :) Whatever other problems I've got, so far I've managed to hang onto most of my hair, fingers crossed!
Sponsored