Sponsored

Did the woolwax thing today....pretty happy.

IQ_imbalance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 3.0d
Ordered the 6 can kit from woolwaxusa, and finally got around to applying it this afternoon. it was a pretty easy job, even without a lift or removing the wheels. Did have a bit of drama with the extension hose (not the wand...that worked fine), as it didn't want to stay on the can and tended to leak which made the can incredibly difficult to hold onto.

I probably hit 75% of all the places i wanted to get. There were a few holes underneath the body that were tough to get to, even with the hose, and i was conservative around the exhaust system so areas near that probably didn't get as much attention as they should. Spraying the inside of the frame was pretty straightforward and i'm pretty sure i got decent coverage in there.

Extension hose thing aside, i was pretty happy. The cans tended to get most if not all of the product out before giving up the ghost, and the regular nozzle gives a good wide pattern from 8-12 inches away. The customer service is great as well...i had tried out the extension nozzle a week or so ago just to get a feel for how the project would go and had all kinds of issues with it leaking badly. I contacted the woolwax people through their website and they provided some tips, and sent a new can and a couple of spare hoses. I did have better luck with the new hoses and can, but there were still some leaks, so i'd say this is the main weakness of the whole system. I might play around and see if there's a way to couple the hose to the extension wand on the normal nozzle.....
Sponsored

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
Switched over to Woolwax last year and just applied on all our vehicles/motorhome again before winter. Previously used fluid film and like woolwax better. It is not as runny and does not smell as bad. I bought the 5 gallon bucket and apply it with the sprayer/compressor. Very happy with the rust protection.