Did Our Bubble Burst?

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Whatever insanity happened during the pandemic years drove prices up too much. I guess Jeep didn't get the memo corporations did not raise people's salaries to match the rate of inflation. Jeeps became way too expensive for what they are, especially since they are impractical for most people.

The "cool factor" that had people buy wranglers before is just not enough to make up for the crazy price hike.
Jeep wasn’t impacted by inflation?
Sponsored

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
If the average new car costs 48k (which I read here), I don’t agree that a loaded 60k JLUR is overpriced. Or that a sport at 40k is overpriced. It’s a different vehicle for sure but I will ditch my Ford Raptor for the fun of the Jeep whenever weather permits. I will agree that I prefer the raptor in snow. I am blessed to be able to have both but if I didn’t need a full size pickup for some of my activities I would choose the wrangler as my only vehicle. Is it refined like a bmw, nope. But it’s built for a different purpose.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Eh Im ok with idiots buying a 50k sport keeps margins high and jeep in business.
Unfortunately, that’s not what happens.

When profits are juicy, executives give each other high fives, pay each other big fat bonuses, and leave the business in a permanently precarious position.

Stellantis just shut down the Cherokee plant, and Auburn Hills is offering early retirements as we speak.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Skolson

First Name
Stef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
wife is looking to get out of her Q5 and is all over the place with what she wants. from a Sahara to Outer Banks Bronco to X3 to 330i. checked out Volvo and Mercedes as well. of the 5 dealers we have visited in the last two weeks, only Jeep had stock. well, and Volvo had a few new options but everyone else was either waiting on inventory or said to order what you want.

my local Jeep dealer is discounting Wranglers now. and they have a ton on the lot. I have no plans to get rid of my JL, but i'm assuming the value is not where I expected it to be. I'm aware of the refresh coming on the 24's but we are a ways away from them. Did Wrangler sales drop off that much?
She should get what she wants, and consider what she will use it for. I had an 2008 Acura MDX purchased new and at 200k miles, I purchased my 2018 JLU Sahara in 2019 and have never looked back. I did some mods (lift, tires, rims), but use it for my daily work commute (50 miles r/t), tow our teardrop for camping trips, and go off-roading for the fun/thrill factor. It is the most versatile vehicle I’ve owned. After 4 years and 68k miles, It puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

Lots of choices out there - Good luck and let us know what she gets!

P.S. My 24 Rubi was ordered last week - life’s too short!

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
If the average new car costs 48k (which I read here), I don’t agree that a loaded 60k JLUR is overpriced.
Just because other cars are also overpriced does not mean that a Jeep is not.
In 2015 a JKUR with some options could be had for 40k. Today it's 60. Sure, there are some updated parts in the mean time, but at the end of the day, Jeep does not pay really pay more for those updated parts than they did for the previous versions. They will charge what the market will bare and they have learned that plenty of people are willing to take out ridiculously long loans to buy a 60k car.
That is the only reason Jeeps cost so much. Because they can.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Unfortunately, that’s not what happens.

When profits are juicy, executives give each other high fives, pay each other big fat bonuses, and leave the business in a permanently precarious position.

Stellantis just shut down the Cherokee plant, and Auburn Hills is offering early retirements as we speak.
How many years have you worked for a large, publicly traded company?

Sponsored

OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2dr Sport S
She should get what she wants, and consider what she will use it for. I had an 2008 Acura MDX purchased new and at 200k miles, I purchased my 2018 JLU Sahara in 2019 and have never looked back. I did some mods (lift, tires, rims), but use it for my daily work commute (50 miles r/t), tow our teardrop for camping trips, and go off-roading for the fun/thrill factor. It is the most versatile vehicle I’ve owned. After 4 years and 68k miles, It puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

Lots of choices out there - Good luck and let us know what she gets!

P.S. My 24 Rubi was ordered last week - life’s too short!
Thanks and Congrats! and I too smile every time I drive this Jeep. Something magical about it. As for the wife, she ordered a pretty sweet Bronco. Our dealer had 8 2 door allocations left for the year and got us an order for one. I think it will be the best option for her. Loves the Jeep but she doesn't love the ride. the Bronco is a million times more refined in that department (road ride quality)
We might even try the 1 vehicle deal for a bit. dealers do want her Q5 and she works from home now. Will be a test for sure being in a city that requires a vehicle to get around but we should wait months for the Bronco and plan to pay ourselves until it gets here. But I'm seeing orders placed in March scheduled for June/July delivery. honestly hope it takes us longer haha.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Thanks and Congrats! and I too smile every time I drive this Jeep. Something magical about it. As for the wife, she ordered a pretty sweet Bronco. Our dealer had 8 2 door allocations left for the year and got us an order for one. I think it will be the best option for her. Loves the Jeep but she doesn't love the ride. the Bronco is a million times more refined in that department (road ride quality)
We might even try the 1 vehicle deal for a bit. dealers do want her Q5 and she works from home now. Will be a test for sure being in a city that requires a vehicle to get around but we should wait months for the Bronco and plan to pay ourselves until it gets here. But I'm seeing orders placed in March scheduled for June/July delivery. honestly hope it takes us longer haha.
A base 2 dr with sasquatch is in the mid 40s. Appealing for sure.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
A base 2 dr with sasquatch is in the mid 40s. Appealing for sure.
Or you can get a base Rubicon 2 door for the same price. A far more capable vehicle even on 33s

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Is there a reason you didnt go with a Sahara?
I know your comment wasn't directed at me, but didn't go with a Sahara because you cannot get a 2023 Sahara with a manual transmission. I went with a Rubicon instead.
Sponsored