longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Hello all.

I guess this is where you post when you do a BOH trail. Wife and I woke up early, looked at each other at about 7:30 and said let's do it. Loaded up the Jeep, threw the dogs in, drove the 150 miles or so up to Ocala and hit the south side of the tread lightly trail off of I 40. It's pretty cool, lots of pretty deep sugar sand.

We took a couple trails off of the main road and went up to the bombing range also. Those that have been on this trail and say your going to get pin stripping aren't kidding. The trails are just to tight with too much over growth. But guess what, I detailed the jeep yesterday and used this new stuff from Seafoam, got home and there is not one scratch, not one. Holy crap this is some good stuff. I hit a lot of stuff, there's no way not to and thought for sure I was going to have some scratches to buff out, but nope all good. I will make sure there is a fresh coat on the Jeep from now on before going out.

Anyway, had a blast and got to see a mama black bear and her cub. Of course you cannot get close enough for any good pic.s but got a couple from a distance. Next time we are shooting for doing both the north and south sides, but have to pack more food and leave earlier.

Happy, got my first BOH.

Jeep Wrangler JL Did my first BOH trail today. IMG_20211230_113123

Jeep Wrangler JL Did my first BOH trail today. IMG_20211230_112208

Jeep Wrangler JL Did my first BOH trail today. IMG_20211230_112208

Jeep Wrangler JL Did my first BOH trail today. IMG_20211230_104100

Jeep Wrangler JL Did my first BOH trail today. IMG_20211230_100111

Jeep Wrangler JL Did my first BOH trail today. image

Jeep Wrangler JL Did my first BOH trail today. image
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Very nice! I'll have to check out the SeaFoam stuff. Have you talked about the next one? BoH trails are like Pringles, you can't have just one.

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, oh yes we have talked about doing more. We have already been to Windrock TN but unfortunately didn't do the BOH trails. My jeep is stock and it had rained the day before. So we were advised not to do the moderate trails. And because I have no winch, no recovery strap, the wife, 2 dogs and it was like 18 degrees out I took the advice and we stayed on what Windrock says is easy trails. Have to be next time.

Super impressed with the Seafoam stuff. Here's a pic. I posted it yesterday in the general forum also.

IMG_20211229_092420.jpg

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, technically their mini American shepherds according to the American kennel society because although they are bread from the Aussie the mini was bread here in America.

They are brothers and both their parents were mini's, however they say because the bread is still new that when 2 mini's have pups you almost always get one or two full size, or close to full size. So blue ( the bigger guy with blue eyes) is almost full size. The smaller one Kai is all crazy mini.

They are a handful, but hyperintelligent, super easy to train and love to run and have fun.

Sponsored

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Nice! I have an Aussie who just turned 12 years old with very similar colors to your two! He's a big boy at 75 pounds though, the Vet says he should be closer to 70 so we're slowly working on that.

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice, Aussies are great dogs and I love the red Aussies, most think there brown but there actually red. The mini's pretty much have all the behavioral traits of the larger original Australian shepherds, including herding instincts super smart and very loyal companions. Blue is about 20 pounds under a full size.

I think the biggest difference with the mini is their energy level. If a person is not willing to spend extra time with them when they are young and help them burn up that extra energy their probably not the dog you want.

Ours are right at 2 1/2 years old and have grown to be greats dogs. They are a bit Velcro and absolutely love being with their humans. Kai is mine and is very loyal and if I want him to he stays right by my side, if I let him go then he runs his brother down and goes crazy, but comes right back as soon as I command him.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
What's a BOH?

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badge of Honor. Jeep has designated trails all over America and an free app. If you go on one of the BOH trails they send you a badge you can (if you want) stick on your jeep. All free and very cool in my opinion.

Do some searching on here. And then go have some fun earning you some badges.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Facebook has a Jeep BOH site specifically fort BOH trails. Not saying that you posted in the wrong place but I recommend checking them out also. you can get quicker responses from others, find people in the area where you plan to run a trail and find others to ride a trail with before you go. Although I find people here to ride trails with, down the road, You may be better off finding a trail partner on short notice with the Facebook site.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, yes the boys love it. As long as there with us their happy.

We just went back up there today, but took the north side. I'm going to do a different post tomorrow.

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks,yes, for every badge of honor trail you do. Of course you have to download the app (free) and check in at the beginning of the trail. Jeep confirms through an email, and the sends you the badge (Free)

They say allow 8 to 12 weeks, but it only took about a month.
Sponsored