Sponsored

Did last week's JL Wrangler reveal help your decision?

Did last week's reveal of the JLU and this site's renders help you decide to wait for the 2018 Wrang

• Total voters

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Did last week's reveal of the JLU and this site's renders help you decide to wait for the 2018 Wrangler? Vote in the poll!
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
This should be a landslide given the gist of this forum.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I voted still undecided as I have a JKU, but I'm waiting to see if I want to get a JL/JT or just buy a full size truck (Ram 2500 or Ford Raptor)

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
It made me much less likely to buy, wanting to wait for:

1. Fully stowable in cargo area, Multi-panel roof, with sunroof inserts, as pictured on clay model and renders.

2. Definitive changes to interior ergonomics and options.

3. Diesel engine.

4. Aftermarket/stock euro bumpers availability

5. Stock pop up camper availability

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Only positives on the supposed reveal were:

-Removable top/doors
-Halo LED headlamps
-Better headroom/interior-space/visibility probable, due to greater recline on seats, taller longer windows above design line, larger windshield, and rear bumper tire cutout moving spare lower.
-likely better aero due to fender vent

Sponsored

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Definitely makes me more likely to buy over JK. The styling changes were subtle but an improvement. Technically, it will no doubt be an upgrade also. So the pricing just has to meet or exceed expectations and I'll probably be a JLU owner within the next 1.5 years.

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
It was helpful to see the new styling and see that roof and doors are all still fully removable. But one important bit of info I'd really like to know what roof options we'll get and how they'll operate. I'm hoping for multiple options and something innovative like the sticky threads suggest.

craftbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2021 Yukon Denali
I actually purchased a 2017 JKU Sahara the day after the leaks/renderings came out. I've been waiting for over a year for more info on the new Jeep and the main thing I want is the Ecodiesel engine, which I'm willing to bet is going to be delayed with all the issues FCA is having with the government right now. I now I will want the updated interior/creature comforts when the new one comes out, so I'll probably still trade-in for a JLU, but may wait for the 2nd release year to work out some of the kinks of a new model.

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
wasn't enthused at first, but I'm really appreciating the changes more now. it looks like it should, like a Wragler. it's like a JK while sharing no physical carry-over parts with it and improving incrementally, as should be done with such an iconic vehicle. really want to see the interior now; I get the feeling we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'll eventually trade into a JL, but it won't be an '18. I'm still curious to see what the truck is going to look like and if Jeep will give it true truck capability. They can't simply just stick a bed on a Wrangler and call it a day. The JT needs to actually be able to haul and tow stuff, something the Wrangler is not known for.

Sponsored

Swanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata
Still waiting for the gas mileage figures. A 4 door 4x4 1/2 ton pickup gets better gas mileage than the current jeep and that isnt acceptable.

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
I'll eventually trade into a JL, but it won't be an '18. I'm still curious to see what the truck is going to look like and if Jeep will give it true truck capability. They can't simply just stick a bed on a Wrangler and call it a day. The JT needs to actually be able to haul and tow stuff, something the Wrangler is not known for.
That's my biggest fear. Hopefully the powers at FCA will do more justice to the JT than that. Lots of us have been waiting a long time for a modern day Jeep pickup not just so we can say we own one but to actually use it for what a pickup is good for- hauling and towing. For many of us it'll actually be more practical of a vehicle than the JL/JLU even since hauling and towing can be more everyday kind of use than off roading capability.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I like every "Teaser " bit of info on the JL , my concern is that the "Base", or entry level JL stay priced in same range it is now.
Another issue, how big a hit will JKs take on trade-in ? I'm liking the modular hardtop, easily folding windshield glass, improved headlights, lighter removable doors. Will bolt pattern and offset remain same for wheels ? Will any frame accessories exchange ?
By that, I mean bumpers, winches, front and rear receiver hitches.
There's $1,000 easy of accessories I've either bought or built for my 2dr. If transferable, would make a big difference in my decision.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I don't see newer JKs taking at hit at all. The '07-'11 versions aren't going to fare as well, but the Pentastar and the WA580, albeit dated, is still a decent powertrain. The JL is going to be fresh out of the gate with no aftermarket support and a lot to prove.

I remember when the JK first came out how many aftermarket companies rushed to push out lift kits without really taking the time to research and test and virtually every single one of them was garbage. It took a couple years before companies like AEV, Teraflex, and the like starting kicking out decent suspension components. I suspect the JL won't be any different.

The JK will be fine for a while.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Just waiting on that diesel confirmation!
Sponsored