Sponsored

Did Jeep Officially "OK" 35s on Rubicons?

OP
OP
Recursion

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
BFG lists both c and e as required 8” min rim
Yup, that's an odd disparity. But since DT is installing them, and lots of folks have successfully done out, I think it's a petty safe combination.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I know Rubicons come with 17" wheels, but there's a few 285/75-18 tires that fit on a 7.5" wheel. They spec out to 34.8" which is a nominal 35" tire. So I guess you could take 18x7.5 Sahara wheels with 285/75-18 (35" x 11.5") and put them on a Rubicon ;)
Now this is a novel idea, Putting Sahara wheels on a RUBICON!!! Love it......

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
My guess is that FCA does not intend you to put 35" on the stock wheel. They came out with a line of "offroad" wheels from Mopar that have a more favorable offset and are 8.5" wide.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My guess is that FCA does not intend you to put 35" on the stock wheel. They came out with a line of "offroad" wheels from Mopar that have a more favorable offset and are 8.5" wide.
A 7.5” wheel is as much about CAFE as anything else, I think.

Sponsored

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
As soon as I bought my JLUR I replaced the stock tires with 35s. Put almost 50k miles on them with absolutely no issues. In fact, I had plenty of tread left when I just replaced them with the same Nitto A/T Terra Grappler G2s. Best all around tire. No issues.

Jeep Wrangler JL Did Jeep Officially "OK" 35s on Rubicons? 1666633408472

SuperUltraMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon
Can anyone confirm that Jeep Officially blessed the use of 35" tires on the Rubicon? I'm analyzing whether 35s would void or limit the factory or extended warranties.
TIA
Read up on the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act.
I had been a Service Manager, after being a mechanic, with Jeep and Toyota. That act requires that no one can decline a warrantable repair unless directly proven to have been caused by the actions or changes of some outside cause or influence. It has always been upheld in court when brought against any decline of warranty.
Yes, this includes larger tires, wheels, and any other accessories as long as they did not replace that very part and then any warranty would fall upon the manufacturer of that replaced part.
There’s a LOT of BS thrown around on this and other forums by those that don’t actually know anything with any regards for wisdom.
I mean, I unless they stayed at a certain hotel that night and now they’re an expert…:like:
(Wait, that IS a middle finger, right?)

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
As soon as I bought my JLUR I replaced the stock tires with 35s. Put almost 50k miles on them with absolutely no issues. In fact, I had plenty of tread left when I just replaced them with the same Nitto A/T Terra Grappler G2s. Best all around tire. No issues.

Jeep Wrangler JL Did Jeep Officially "OK" 35s on Rubicons? 1666633408472
I also have a tuner that programs the Jeep for this size tire. There is actually part of the tuner that stays plugged into the OBD port and stays there. I have had warranty work done since day one including a head gasket job at 20k miles. Dealer has never said a word. They even did updates and re-plugged my tuner back in. I now have a Jeep Extended Warranty and continue to have warranty work done.
Sponsored