Sponsored

Did Jeep Mistakingly Over Price The Wrangler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Buy the vehicle you want. Stop trying to get your feelings validated from other people.
Thank you! Again someone who calls it like it is. Starting to think some here need emotional support for having to make a grown up decision. Maybe they should have an emotion support sub forum....
Sponsored

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
Man your posts are seriously getting old. "White collar will go for a Mercedes"? What are you even talking about? Jeeps target demographic is buyers that make $100k+. The Toyota options are ancient technology wise. The 4runner hasn't been refreshed in 10+ years. The tacoma has drum brakes and a horrible direct injection clicker motor.

I make multiples over that target income and already own BMWs and I am not interested in buying a goddamned Audi or Acura or Benz "offroad" SUV.

I've never wanted to block somebody on this forum but you just spew nonsense everywhere. Make up your own opinions. Buy the vehicle you want. Stop trying to get your feelings validated from other people.

That is the point of the forum right to share your thoughts why you getting so mad and defensive? You don’t like the truth and now you treating to block me ??
There is more people thinking like me then you look at the posts I did not started this one or many others like this. Blind to Jeep I guess

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That is the point of the forum right to share your thoughts why you getting so mad and defensive? You don’t like the truth and now you treating to block me ??
You're constantly posting trying to get your opinion validated. I've responded to you in multiple threads. You're so bad about deciding things yourself that you even asked a guy which engine for his Wrangler he'd choose and I guarantee that if he said he used a soda straw to power his JK you'd want one running your Jeep.

Blind to Jeep? I don't even own a Jeep. I didn't even want a Wrangler until the JL came out. I want an updated (modern) 4runner. My point is your "white collar will go Benz" comment was stupid and ignorant.

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
You're constantly posting trying to get your opinion validated. I've responded to you in multiple threads. You're so bad about deciding things yourself that you even asked a guy which engine for his Wrangler he'd choose and I guarantee that if he said he used a soda straw to power his JK you'd want one running your Jeep.
Got it thanks for the personal attack for no reason. did you ever heard that if you have nothing to add don’t say anything ?? You are not contributing to the post whatsoever just making personal attacks

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Nate no where did I wrote or stated that I “love VW” I drive one that’s all. Stop trying to attack someone just cause you don’t like the truth that Jeep is not this one brand that is superior in everything. Stop trying to defend them they won’t give you a discount on a JL
I don't think anybody here on Team "JL is Not Overpriced" is just blindly running to FCA or Jeep's defense. Just using factual arguments to explain some basic economic and business principles that will help fellow members of the forum understand why the JL is priced the way it is. You can either take these facts and gain some perspective on how companies use data to price their products, or you can keep shaking your fist at the sky and being angry about how business works. Whatever.

Trust me, I'm not thrilled about paying $50k+ for a JLUR. But it is what it is, and I understand why Jeep is able to command that price.

Sponsored

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
JayV

I understand what you wrote but take it from our side it looks like you can’t ask or make any suggestion that Jeep did something wrong or you will be personally attacked. Look over the post and you will see. Pure speculation and personal attacks I’m out

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody is attacking you. You made a goofy statement and had it refuted. That's how we communicate. Take it as constructive criticism as opposed to being defensive.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got it thanks for the personal attack for no reason. did you ever heard that if you have nothing to add don’t say anything ?? You are not contributing to the post whatsoever just making personal attacks
Wait what? Hypocrisy much? What have you actually contributed that is factual other than whining because you don’t understand what others are trying to explain to you.

Blind to Jeep I guess
Woe is me....

That's how we communicate. Take it as constructive criticism as opposed to being defensive.
Winner winner chicken dinner!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Semantics.... it was a 3 row SUV based on customer demand that flopped. Manufactured at a time when fuel costs were rising and the market was receding from gas guzzler land yachts.

Further more Jeep has to retain its off-roading apability which is NOT having some long ass and shitty departure angle. Which again proves another point, quit trying to make Jeep into something it’s not. This is why the Dodge Durango is longer than the Grand Cherokee.
That is a fair point, though most of the analysts I have read think the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer is a logical move. You may be proven right.

I don't want to get in a flame war. 3 rows does not make a car a full-size SUV and at any rate they have skipped a whole product cycle without a 3-row SUV. They have a gap in their lineup. Perhaps you are right and they should leave Dodge to fill that gap. But that doesn't make me clueless about Jeep or its history.

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
Wait what? Hypocrisy much? What have you actually contributed that is factual other than whining because you don’t understand what others are trying to explain to you.

Woe is me....

Winner winner chicken dinner!
Nate look at the first page more people think like me then you sry bro I guess you need to keep on search more and finding other things to attack since you are not contributing. Sry no winner and no dinner

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That is a fair point, though most of the analysts I have read think the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer is a logical move. You may be proven right.

I don't want to get in a flame war. 3 rows does not make a car a full-size SUV and at any rate they have skipped a whole product cycle without a 3-row SUV. They have a gap in their lineup. Perhaps you are right and they should leave Dodge to fill that gap. But that doesn't make me clueless about Jeep or its history.
And I can respect your view on that. As I said wasn’t a personal attack on you.... I’ve just read a few comments in here (forum) and while I don’t like to make assumptions there is a huge lack of brand knowledge in this forum.... largely in part to a new generation of buyers that The Jeep JL has attracted.

I was merely trying to address a couple of items in a short posting. The larger/large SUV Commander was a direct result of customer influence that flopped. A bigger more powerful SUV was not a wise investment for Daimler Chrysler back then even though customers pushed for it.

Back then it was decided at a corporate level to break the brands up into individual brand entities/markets. Which is why Ram became stand alone from Dodge. Each would focus on a respective market share while sharing technology. To do that it made no sense to cut into each other’s spective market. Jeep has to retain its off-road military heritage which is a far cry from Dodge cars (sports and family vehicles). Meant no extended bodies, that was left to Dodge. Hence the Grand Cherokee and Durango reference.

Again no flaming here, I’m just addressing for straight face value of facts which are largely absent in the thought processing. The possible reintroduced Grand Wagoneer may change all that, but I’d be really surprised if it’s the size and shape of an extended Tahoe or Expedition. It just does not fit the corporate agenda.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Jeep has changed hands many times and each time has undergone restructuring to the brand.... these are not ideal conditions to make uncalculated risks that others don’t understand the costs of.
It seems like Jeep has always been owned by a company that couldn't actually afford to be in the business of making automobiles. It's interesting to contemplate what would be different if it were owned, say, by Ford: would it even still be alive today? Even if it were, would we still have a rag-top solid-axle Wrangler, or would it be strictly CUVs?

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Agree, even more importantly,you shouldn’t have to buy a Rubicon to get LED lighting, along with other options. At that price category, that and other optional items should be standard.

Ok, this thread is really getting off track, the question is did FCA mistakenly overprice the Wrangler not is it overpriced. I think we can all agree that perhaps the price is a little steep so yes, it is overpriced on our end. Now did FCA make a mistake as this thread is asking. I think only time will tell. Up until this point they sell every Wrangler they make and maybe this one will be no exception. I'm thinking they know exactly what they are doing in making the top of the line Wranglers so plush and pricey but again, time will tell.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Yes, back on topic....

Not to take this thread off topic but I honestly don't think the take rate for the Diesel or V8 Wrangler will be particularly significant.

I think the bigger question is why are they just now getting around to a full-size three-row SUV? The brand is nothing but SUVs and they have full-size RAM trucks to use as a base. it is a head-scratcher. When we bought my wife's Tahoe we would have loved to have a Jeep vehicle to comparison shop.

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
It seems like Jeep has always been owned by a company that couldn't actually afford to be in the business of making automobiles. It's interesting to contemplate what would be different if it were owned, say, by Ford: would it even still be alive today? Even if it were, would we still have a rag-top solid-axle Wrangler, or would it be strictly CUVs?
Judging by their current product lineup it would look much like the Jeep lineup of today with mostly CUV's, and the Wrangler would just now be making a comeback going by the legacy of the Bronco - and I'm going to guess probably w/ out solid axles. But this is a completely off topic discussion.

Once forum members have resorted to personal attacks rather than sticking to reason, the discussion has lost any and all utility. Too much emotion on both sides of the argument.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.