Did Jeep managment make a mistake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
That's entirely conjecture. Let the first full year sales figures speak for themselves then we can start judging.

Who sells more cheeseburgers, McDonald's or Red Robin? Why?

McDonald's does, because they're affordable. The constant price increase on the stone age simple Jeep Wrangler is not sustainable long term. The bubble will eventually burst, leaving them with no room to grow. It's bad business. Greed eventually kills.
Sponsored

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
That's not true. It is just a bug in the configurator. That has been confirmed by our dealer guy.
Thanks for the info - that is good to hear for the Sahara owners. Jeep should update their web configurator though - because as of half hour ago when I checked, the upgraded wheels were still showing as required when adding the up-rated rear axle. Regardless I think there are other examples I saw (if the configurator is accurate on those).

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the info - that is good to hear for the Sahara owners. Jeep should update their web configurator though - because as of half hour ago when I checked, the upgraded wheels were still showing as required when adding the up-rated rear axle. Regardless I think there are other examples I saw (if the configurator is accurate on those).
I would strongly recommend using the order guide posted in the Ordering and Pricing forum rather than the configurator. It is more accurate and also shows invoice price.

It does have some issues as well around LSD but overall it is more accurate.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
And yet another thread rambling on about things that are clearly over their pay grade. Basically you have two options.... get an education on production manufacturing processes (LEAN Manufacturing and so on) or open your own business.... to go bankrupt and out of business.

Not even sure how one could draw a line of comparison with hamburgers.....might as well be a hamburger vs a steak. Fundamentally arenā€™t both the same? Iā€™d still pay more to eat the steak.

Jeeps have always been customer customized, save for this year which Jeep is jumping on the crest riding aftermarket Mopar, realizing they lost tons of potential revenue to the aftermarket over the years. Which I will still say in some areas are more superior to factory parts. Aftermarket is where innovation is... one only has to look at AEV or Teraflex and others for examples. If you want LEDs JL Speaker can make them or will soon enough. Not everyone needs ā€œturn keyā€ factory rigs. Jeeps core was those who took a base and built something greater.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I started a thread 'Are the Jls over priced' which appears to be very touchy topic for some...

So did Jeep Management make a mistake by not offering LEDs, Leather, etc on a Sport S? I say yes and encourage them to change their configuration rules. Not familiar enough with Wranglers to know, are their other features like LEDs that should be offered across the models?
I say no.

What's wrong? Are you offended?

Just beating you to your standard response.

We'll do this again on your next thread. Until then...

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
It is what it is. OP may be better served by looking at a different vehicle.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Please stop feeding these threads guys. They're diluting the forum.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
If you added all the features a la carte it would be a lot more expensive.
Right. But nobody is saying they want to make a Sport into a Rubicon via a la carte options.

They're saying that rather spend "X" dollars to go from a Sport to a Sport S in order to get the premium soft top, along with additional undesired options, that they'd prefer to spend "Y" dollars just for the top.

Sure, it would likely be a better value to jump to the S over a stand alone top. But you don't always need a case of butter from Sam's Club, even if it is a better value than buying a pound at the grocery store.

:shrug:

OP
OP

ddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I guess I hit nerve with someā€¦ I respect the product/brand too much, Jeep is a GOATā€¦ just surprised by some of JL packaging/pricing decisions, it seems like they are unnecessarily playing games, which a lot of auto manufactures doā€¦ I thought Jeep was different, better than the othersā€¦ my hope is Jeep management looks at forums for feedback

A valid point 'TXRubicon' on the manufacturing process, I agree and understand mass productionā€¦ I wasnā€™t suggesting ā€˜a la carteā€™ for everything as you stated it doesnā€™t scaleā€¦ just offering a couple of package upgrade options (LED, Leather) for the Sport S model that are available as a package upgrade options on the Sahara and Rubicon models, so it is already built into the process and wouldnā€™t add cost/complexityā€¦ if these items were built into the models as standard features, the process cost/complexity/scale points would be validā€¦ Speaking of manufacturing process, I like what Jeep did in offering only 4 models (Sport, Sport S, Sahara, Rubicon) verses the 10 models of the 2018 JKsā€¦ I have to believe this will save $$ the whole way from marketing to on-going support, as well as making it easier for new to jeep people to understand

Overall jazzed about what Jeep did with the JL, looking forward to driving them, as some have so elegantly advised if it is as improved as I read it is and see the value, I will buy one, if not I will buy something else.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I guess I hit nerve with someā€¦ I respect the product/brand too much, Jeep is a GOATā€¦ just surprised by some of JL packaging/pricing decisions, it seems like they are unnecessarily playing games, which a lot of auto manufactures doā€¦ I thought Jeep was different, better than the othersā€¦ my hope is Jeep management looks at forums for feedback

A valid point 'TXRubicon' on the manufacturing process, I agree and understand mass productionā€¦ I wasnā€™t suggesting ā€˜a la carteā€™ for everything as you stated it doesnā€™t scaleā€¦ just offering a couple of package upgrade options (LED, Leather) for the Sport S model that are available as a package upgrade options on the Sahara and Rubicon models, so it is already built into the process and wouldnā€™t add cost/complexityā€¦ if these items were built into the models as standard features, the process cost/complexity/scale points would be validā€¦ Speaking of manufacturing process, I like what Jeep did in offering only 4 models (Sport, Sport S, Sahara, Rubicon) verses the 10 models of the 2018 JKsā€¦ I have to believe this will save $$ the whole way from marketing to on-going support, as well as making it easier for new to jeep people to understand

Overall jazzed about what Jeep did with the JL, looking forward to driving them, as some have so elegantly advised if it is as improved as I read it is and see the value, I will buy one, if not I will buy something else.
The only "nerve" you hit was rehashing the same subject in a different thread - that you *also* started.
Clearly you are upset with Jeep and you should probably look elsewhere if it upsets you that much. BTW Porsche does NOT make all their features available on all their models or else they wouldn't build 4,352 different versions of the 911.
Horse. Dead. Repeat as necessary.
:headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP

ddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Reread my posts they are two different subjects one was wrangler positioning within the jeep family and this one is JL package pricing. Some have taken the threads into different directions.

Not upset at all, reread my posts I have great respect for Jeep and jazzed about the JL, just think they played some unnecessary pricing games. If the JL is as improved over the JK as I read I will buy one. Again, reread my posts, not suggesting all features be available on all models.

Last edited:

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK X 2-DR
Not even sure how one could draw a line of comparison with hamburgers.....might as well be a hamburger vs a steak. Fundamentally arenā€™t both the same? Iā€™d still pay more to eat the steak.
Very well tenderized dead horse meat -vs- hamburger would probably me more appropriate for this topic. :)

Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase

McDonald's does, because they're affordable.
or maybe because they have 34,462 more locations than RR?
Jeep understands the laws of supply and demand too, a good economy and easy credit means they will sell as many Jl's as they did jk's, especially since it has all this new technology that actually justifies the price increase.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer

McDonald's does, because they're affordable. The constant price increase on the stone age simple Jeep Wrangler is not sustainable long term. The bubble will eventually burst, leaving them with no room to grow. It's bad business. Greed eventually kills.
How many fancy versions has McDonald's tried selling with no luck too?

mcd2.jpg

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Very well tenderized dead horse meat -vs- hamburger would probably me more appropriate for this topic. :)
I like where your head is at
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.