Sponsored

Did Jeep build 2018 Jeep Wrangler with 49-state emission?

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
Goddamn Calimexistan, they're that one douchebag who has to ruin it for everyone.

Rather than be straightened out, we gotta comply with their asinine standards
Aahh dont be so sour, we are just ahead of our time. Y’all will catch up eventually...
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Aahh dont be so sour, we are just ahead of our time. Y’all will catch up eventually...
or Orange man will straighten you guys out in the 2nd term xD

Really, wanna see Cali split into 2; Old Coastal Cali and the New California Republica, or the mainland
latest?cb=20110423115845.png

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
or Orange man will straighten you guys out in the 2nd term xD

Really, wanna see Cali split into 2; Old Coastal Cali and the New California Republica, or the mainland
latest?cb=20110423115845.png
Pfft if you are reading that in your news you need to get a current and better newspaper (or newsfeed). It was about North and South Cali, not East and West, and that was SO last year.

OP Sorry for the thread jacking, your dataplate looks the same as mine. According to my dealer most manufacture including Chrysler/Fiat/Jeep make all vehicles as 50-state now as other are matching emissions standards requirements with CA. I hope you got it straightened out?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pfft if you are reading that in your news you need to get a current and better newspaper (or newsfeed). It was about North and South Cali, not East and West, and that was SO last year.

OP Sorry for the thread jacking, your dataplate looks the same as mine. According to my dealer most manufacture including Chrysler/Fiat/Jeep make all vehicles as 50-state now as other are matching emissions standards requirements with CA. I hope you got it straightened out?
We can continue on the off topic thread, though it honestly breaks my heart how Cali is so poorly run, as I loved it when I visited SD back in '17

Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Hi all,
A couple months ago I bought a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara from a dealership. I'm located in California and the Jeep has 4000 miles and comes from MA.. so out of state. The dealer works directly with the DMV to get the car registered. They called me up and informed me that my 2018 Jeep Wrangler can't be registered in California because it does not have the 50-state (CA included) emission. I went to the DMV myself and they told me the sticker looks good and they did not see an issue with it. But I do have to go through the dealer and they work with the DMV Business office. They keep believing that the sticker shows only 49-state emission. They want to buy the car back from me. So I have a few questions if anyone knows:
1. Do Jeep Wrangler 2018 even get build with the emission for 49-state anymore?
2. Does anyone have a label under their hood and can confirm how it looks if CA is included?
Here is what mine has: (see also attached/below picture)
U.S. EPA: T3 B70 LDT OBD: CA OBD II FUEL: GASOLINE
CA: ULEV70 LDT OBD:CA OBD II FUEL: GASOLINE
For me this looks correct and shows California included. I really don't want to return my jeep :(
So if anyone of you can help shed a bit of light on this for me that would be great .. as I'm loosing my mind ...
Thank you all in advance,
Claudia

jeep-2018.jpg
My buddy bought his from Arizona and cali DMV was giving him a hard time registering it. It took him 6 months to register the car plus he had to smog the vehicle. So it can be done just gonna take time.

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
It is NOT hard at all to register a CA Compliant vehicle in California. Just two add'l steps are required. 1) You must get the car smog tested, and;
2) You must have a DMV (or AAA) rep come outside and verify the emissions sticker under the hood. That's it.

And as a curiosity, do you know WHY CA requires "new" out-of-state purchased, CA-Compliant vehicles to be SMOG tested? The reason because that for dealerships inside CA, they are prohibited by State laws from adding any non compliant emissions components to the vehicle. Get caught doing this and there are hefty State fines and potentially jail terms. However, dealerships from out-of-state are not bound by these same CA laws. As an example, let's say a person purchases a new Mustang from a dealership in Texas and as part of the transaction, the dealership agrees to install a set of Ford Performance headers. While (potentially??) legal in Texas (this is just an example), the headers would render the car non-compliant in CA. Hence the mandated smog test for out-of-state vehicles.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is NOT hard at all to register a CA Compliant vehicle in California. Just two add'l steps are required. 1) You must get the car smog tested, and;
2) You must have a DMV (or AAA) rep come outside and verify the emissions sticker under the hood. That's it.

And as a curiosity, do you know WHY CA requires "new" out-of-state purchased, CA-Compliant vehicles to be SMOG tested? The reason because that for dealerships inside CA, they are prohibited by State laws from adding any non compliant emissions components to the vehicle. Get caught doing this and there are hefty State fines and potentially jail terms. However, dealerships from out-of-state are not bound by these same CA laws. As an example, let's say a person purchases a new Mustang from a dealership in Texas and as part of the transaction, the dealership agrees to install a set of Ford Performance headers. While (potentially??) legal in Texas (this is just an example), the headers would render the car non-compliant in CA. Hence the mandated smog test for out-of-state vehicles.
Better idea is to leave that gilded prison and go somewhere more free, like Lone Star

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i bought my jeep out of ca and drove it home and registered it myself. yes you have to smog and yes all cars are now 50 state in the USA. its to hard to have a hand full of different laws so they conform to the hardest test and leave it at that for everyone. should have no issues at all with it. and if they do its all on the dealership. they should know all the laws for the vehicles they sell and bring it for there customers. Enjoy that New to you jeep!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

its all about the money. California wants the middle class to suffer as the political bastards get rich and they give all the mid classes health care and tax money to the illegals so they can get free votes. but thats besides this fact of California is become trash and needs to be split into two states so the middle class can have a chance at survival. anyways hope you got the jeep! ALSO WANTED ADD it only took a day to register my Jeep after bring it into cali. Good luck at the DMV!

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)