Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was not expecting the phone call I received yesterday, "Hey bud, your Jeep just rolled off the truck."

32 days from order to delivery. Has anyone heard of a timeline this short yet? I will consider myself lucky.

Order Placed: May 10, 2018 for a 2018 JLU Rubicon, 3.6 L (options were LED lights, steel bumpers, Infotainment, Hardtop, automatic, all weather mats, HD electrical/Tow, cold weather group)
May 31: Dealer notified of entering "D1" status
June 6: Build sheet found.
June 8: Window sticker found.
June 9 (Saturday): Dealer notified me of "KLZD"? Status which I was told by the dealer to be "Transit Delay" but that apparently means "See you Monday" in Georgia.
June 11: Jeep arrived at dealer in Marietta, GA

We were not expecting to drive our Jeep home yesterday so needless to say, we are blessed and really enjoying this.

JL2.JPG

JL3.jpg
Sponsored

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl unlimited rubicon
Is it ok to dislike this? Ha congrats man enjoy! I'm in Canada so we wait longer anyway.

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
One or 2 people have gotten theirs in less than 20 days. I ordered mine on April 30th and it got to the dealer on May 31st.

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
21 days for us. Ordered 1/29, Delivered 2/19

Sponsored

Slyderzero1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'54 Chevy PU, '07 HD FLHTCUI, '15 Ram 4x4, '18 Mojito Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered May 7th, drove it home June 6th.

OP
OP
Will

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, 21 days is amazing. Well I am glad that the expectations were curbed when the dealer told me to anticipate 6-8 weeks. It was a pleasant surprise to get it sooner.

SecondWinter

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TRD PRO
Congrats!! Your experience gives me hope, I ordered on 5/30.

I was D1 by June 4th with an est ship date of June 12th. With all the horrible experiences I’m reading about in the forums and inept Jeep chat, im afraid to ask for updates!

Ordered a Mojito JLUR...

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Congrats!! Your experience gives me hope, I ordered on 5/30.

I was D1 by June 4th with an est ship date of June 12th. With all the horrible experiences I’m reading about in the forums and inept Jeep chat, im afraid to ask for updates!

Ordered a Mojito JLUR...
Wow they sure can build 4 doors fast! Ordered my 2 door 3/9 and have no hope of getting it in June!! Still a few 2017 orders to fill on 2 doors!!! We that like 2 doors really should take our dollars elsewhere...

Sponsored

mtomac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL - 2017 Silverado 3500 Duramax - 17 Chevy Equinox
14 days
ordered April 27th, arrived at the dealer May 11th & picked it up on the 12th

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
There's always the possibility that what you ordered just happened to be one that was already scheduled to be built, so they just routed that one to you instead.

Ordered mine only 10 days ago...

It would be interesting to be there to walk through the line as it was being built, but with all the sub-assemblies being made elsewhere and in parallel, you wouldn't truly get to experience the complexity of building the entire vehicle. I suspect that gone are the days when one plant can make everything from bumper to bumper in-house. Then again, how long were car manufacturers truly able to make everything in-house? Did Ford make their own magnetos for the Model-T? What about the tires? The Model-T was not the first car, so tires were already being produced elsewhere. It would be surprising if Henry Ford had decided to not take advantage of those sources. At the very least, I would have to think those were outsourced. When they put electric starters on the cars, did they make their own batteries or were those sourced elsewhere? These days, I suspect that there is a lot of parallel manufacturing going on and when they actually "build" our automobiles, it is basically just selecting from certain subsystems that they have contracted from other manufacturers and then bolting them onto our future vehicle.

tluke

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, Mercedes ML550, Corvette, Polaris Slingshot & Honda CRF250L
I thought my Rubicon came in fast but I see that I'm not alone. Wow. I placed my order May 24th and it came in today, June 21st. That's 4 weeks to the day. I LOVE that mojito!

20180621_115348.jpg

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I thought my Rubicon came in fast but I see that I'm not alone. Wow. I placed my order May 24th and it came in today, June 21st. That's 4 weeks to the day. I LOVE that mojito!

20180621_115348.jpg
4 weeks for a mojito 2 door???

Just placed my order last Friday. Maybe I'll get it much earlier than my anticipated 6-12 weeks! I'd love to get a little extra summer in.
Sponsored