Did I overpay for my JL?

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
If you paid $35k for a 2 door JK sportS you paid too much for that one too. We bought our 4 door 18 JK sport S for $36k
Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
hi everyone,
I am a newbie posting for the first time in these Discussions. I have been following this forum for a couple of months. I recently bought my 2021 Jeep JL Unlimited Sahara sarge green SOT. I know it's late to post about prices once we buy. But still, I want to know whether I paid correctly considering the living state.
Okay, let's do some math.
I had a 2018 JK 2 door Sport S which I bought for 35K (on-road). I traded it for 24K (I had a loan of 19K still with the bank) and bought a new JL.
the MSRP of JL was around 48K (on-road price ~53K) although the Dealership had a discount selling and listed price of 43K (on-road 48K).
So eventually I got the JL for around 41.5k (on road) where the Dealership paid off my old loan and took old JK.
I am trying to learn whether I overpaid? or made a profit? or paid correctly?
$41.5K OTD for a 2021 Sahara with a MSRP of $53K which is like getting it for $37K which is almost 30% off of MSRP which is unheard of and you're wondering if you overpaid??? does this include like $10K equity in your trade or something?? Who was the dealership? wow

Jeep Wrangler JL Did I overpay for my JL? tenor

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
$41.5K OTD for a 2021 Sahara with a MSRP of $53K which is like getting it for $37K which is almost 30% off of MSRP which is unheard of and you're wondering if you overpaid??? does this include like $10K equity in your trade or something?? Who was the dealership? wow

tenor.gif
His post is a little confusing but it looks to me like he paid $41,500 after his $5k equity. The way I’m reading it he actually paid $46,500, of which $5k was his equity and $41,500 was cash/financed

edit: misread the OP and thought he had $10k equity instead of $5k

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
His post is a little confusing but it looks to me like he paid $41,500 after his $5k equity. The way I’m reading it he actually paid $46,500, of which $5k was his equity and $41,500 was cash/financed

edit: misread the OP and thought he had $10k equity instead of $5k
yeah that’s what it sounds like but even getting it at $46.5K after taxes lic doc etc is like $10K off MSRP which is an incredible deal and kinda funny to be asking if he overpaid .... I can see a 2020 Gladiator that has been sitting on the lot for a year, but not a 2021 Sahara that sell all day long here in SoCal for MSRP and higher

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
hi everyone,
I am a newbie posting for the first time in these Discussions. I have been following this forum for a couple of months. I recently bought my 2021 Jeep JL Unlimited Sahara sarge green SOT. I know it's late to post about prices once we buy. But still, I want to know whether I paid correctly considering the living state.
Okay, let's do some math.
I had a 2018 JK 2 door Sport S which I bought for 35K (on-road). I traded it for 24K (I had a loan of 19K still with the bank) and bought a new JL.
the MSRP of JL was around 48K (on-road price ~53K) although the Dealership had a discount selling and listed price of 43K (on-road 48K).
So eventually I got the JL for around 41.5k (on road) where the Dealership paid off my old loan and took old JK.
I am trying to learn whether I overpaid? or made a profit? or paid correctly?
Looks like you did pretty good on the purchase side. $5k below sticker is a good deal, even if not the absolute best.
People almost always come out behind on a trade in at the dealer, compared to selling it themselves. But that way you don't deal with the hassle and the risk of selling it yourself, and you don't have to do without a car for however many days in between.
I'm seeing 2017 and 2018 2 door JK sports selling at dealers in the $27-30k range here in SoCal. I don't think you could have got a lot more than 24K on a trade in, at least not in my area.

You did good.

Sponsored

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
yeah that’s what it sounds like but even getting it at $46.5K after taxes lic doc etc is like $10K off MSRP which is an incredible deal and kinda funny to be asking if he overpaid .... I can see a 2020 Gladiator that has been sitting on the lot for a year, but not a 2021 Sahara that sell all day long here in SoCal for MSRP and higher
Wow, you guys are paying a lot for Jeep’s. I’m getting ready to order a new one for my wife at 7% under invoice

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, you guys are paying a lot for Jeep’s. I’m getting ready to order a new one for my wife at 7% under invoice

Not me, have to take a quick $100 flight to Idaho, but I got my custom factory orderJLUR from Kent at Peterson Jeep at 8% below invoice....but most people don't research this stuff and find forums like these to help them find deals and just pay MSRP and over for cars on dealer lots....the most annoying thing is the dealer add on side sticker that adds $2-5K for shit you dont want or need. pretty much every Jeep dealer does this crap here in So Cal
Sponsored