Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great price. Enjoy.
Hahahaha, I just caught the they owe me a favor part. It is a combination of this being the 4th vehicle in 4 years that I have purchased and I am an Arborist and everyone loves to befriend their local tree guy.
Sponsored

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Hahahaha, I just caught the they owe me a favor part. It is a combination of this being the 4th vehicle in 4 years that I have purchased and I am an Arborist and everyone loves to befriend their local tree guy.
It's a unbeatable deal as far as Im concerned. 7k off a jeep that list was under 50k. Most I could get off was 6k off a 54,500 rubi. Dealers pretty much act like I'm stupid for asking for so much off and say there is only 3k in mark up and if they give me hold back of say $1200 they will be losing money. Dealers in lake county IL and chicago just suck...haha

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
You answered your own question about why be worried about trade-in.

“You can get a... good/bad deal on a trade.” From the dealers perspective- If you let me lowball your trade, I’ll show you a 10% under invoice deal. Easy.
Exactly. You need to agree on a good deal on the new car. Then get a good deal on the trade.

Dealers couple them in the negotiation, but buyers shouldn't.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
No trade in. This is a pleasure vehicle for me. 6.75% sales tax and my out the door was 46,000 but not exactly sure what the doc fee was. Maybe $250. The $42000 included destination.
There was no trade, add-ons. Was this a cash deal or was there financing? Did you have to take financing? In any case congratulations!

Last edited:

ILikeTacos

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You answered your own question about why be worried about trade-in.

“You can get a... good/bad deal on a trade.” From the dealers perspective- If you let me lowball your trade, I’ll show you a 10% under invoice deal. Easy.
Exactly. I hate these style of threads. A good deal to me will be completely different than someone else. You decide what you are willing to pay on a car and if you are happy with that price it is a good deal for you.

All that said I am a pretty educated buyer and when it comes to involving a trade I pretty much throw most of the stuff out the window and work on a trade difference deal. I don't care if I buy the car at MSRP if you give me the right difference between that price and my trade value.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
No trade in. This is a pleasure vehicle for me. 6.75% sales tax and my out the door was 46,000 but not exactly sure what the doc fee was. Maybe $250. The $42000 included destination.
$42,000 x 6.75% = $2835 for sales tax. That's $44,835. Your out the door was $46,000 - $44,385= $1,165 of title, title, license, fees and possibly add-ons?

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Exactly. You need to agree on a good deal on the new car. Then get a good deal on the trade.

Dealers couple them in the negotiation, but buyers shouldn't.
As long as you are an educated buyer who knows both the value of your trade-in, and how much you’re willing to pay for the new car, you’ll be okay regardless. In other words, if you know the check you want to write is no more than $12,000, then the dealer can get there however he wants to.

Where a novice buyer makes his biggest mistake is dealing in monthly payments, not in the larger numbers.

OP
OP
Joshin38

Joshin38

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
$42,000 x 6.75% = $2835 for sales tax. That's $44,835. Your out the door was $46,000 - $44,385= $1,165 of title, title, license, fees and possibly add-ons?
Just looked at my deal. I negotiated on out the door price so apparently he reduced fees to cover some of it. I got the Chrysler care oil change package and my total sale price ended up being $42,795. $298.50 in fees and $2,905.54 in taxes. Sorry for the misinformation, I hadn’t looked at all of the numbers.

OP
OP
Joshin38

Joshin38

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
My advice is to shoot for 15% below MSRP. I have more or less got that on my last 5 purchases including an 18 Superduty I purchased last year. It took days of back and forth and 3 dealerships with that one. Chrysler here kind of just knows what I expect and don’t really give me a hassle. I am patient with them and I have referred actual buyers to them. The first time I walked into this Chrysler was to buy a ram. The salesman I bought it and the 2 grand cherokees from is now the head of the sales department. The old head of the sales department has now moved to used at the same dealership and I have walked a couple of people into him. He actually helped me make a deal on my ford through contacts he has in the industry. Loyalty and sticking to your guns would be my suggestion.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
So I just bought my first wrangler. I ordered it without discussing price (I know a couple of sales managers at my local dealer). MSRP ended up being $49,110. It came in on Friday and I wasn’t able to pick it up until Monday so the weekend was spent negotiating price via text. I ended up at $42,100. When people say below invoice are they talking about the MSRP?

24E69AFE-AF9B-451B-8E07-0CC5E8F3E02F.jpeg
^,5-7% below invoice is about 14-15% off msrp and that should include Destination fee & Doc fees not tax or plates

Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
My advice is to shoot for 15% below MSRP. I have more or less got that on my last 5 purchases including an 18 Superduty I purchased last year. It took days of back and forth and 3 dealerships with that one. Chrysler here kind of just knows what I expect and don’t really give me a hassle. I am patient with them and I have referred actual buyers to them. The first time I walked into this Chrysler was to buy a ram. The salesman I bought it and the 2 grand cherokees from is now the head of the sales department. The old head of the sales department has now moved to used at the same dealership and I have walked a couple of people into him. He actually helped me make a deal on my ford through contacts he has in the industry. Loyalty and sticking to your guns would be my suggestion.
You paid 46k OTD Rubicon...that's an amazing price. Do you happen to have a picture of the build sheet?

Also which dealer is this? think he can hook it up for me? :D

OP
OP
Joshin38

Joshin38

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
You paid 46k OTD Rubicon...that's an amazing price. Do you happen to have a picture of the build sheet?

Also which dealer is this? think he can hook it up for me? :D
I don’t have the build sheet. I do not have leather, no dual top, no proximity, no cold weather, No steel bumper, no paint matched fenders, no headliner. I plan to do custom leather, paint matched aftermarket fenders, aftermarket bumpers, the proximity on my old ram didn’t work for shit, and the cold never bothered me anyway. I ordered it via text message and I’m sure he printed a build sheet, I just never got it. Jeff Wyler Eastgate CJDR.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I don’t have the build sheet. I do not have leather, no dual top, no proximity, no cold weather, No steel bumper, no paint matched fenders, no headliner. I plan to do custom leather, paint matched aftermarket fenders, aftermarket bumpers, the proximity on my old ram didn’t work for shit, and the cold never bothered me anyway. I ordered it via text message and I’m sure he printed a build sheet, I just never got it. Jeff Wyler Eastgate CJDR.

Ahh, I see...I guess its a naked Rubicon.

OP
OP
Joshin38

Joshin38

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh, I see...I guess its a naked Rubicon.
Which is why sticker was only $49,110. Manual also, I ordered it exactly how I wanted and didn't add anything that I am going to replace. They actually mis-ordered it the first time with a black top and that one sold 6 hours after I refused delivery. I did get LED, Infotainment, and tow package.

RMC

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU, 2016 JKU Rubicon, 1973 FJ40
Which is why sticker was only $49,110. Manual also, I ordered it exactly how I wanted and didn't add anything that I am going to replace. They actually mis-ordered it the first time with a black top and that one sold 6 hours after I refused delivery. I did get LED, Infotainment, and tow package.
My ordered Ocean Blue JLUR stickered for $47,225 as I only added the LED light, hard top, and 8-speed options.....out the door was $40,647.98. I'm happy with it and will probably pass to my daughter when the diesel comes out. (build date was 4/12....so don't know if there was a price adjustment after that)
Sponsored