Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Question. With the backseat tumbled forward, will the freedom panels in the bag lay flat?

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Proud owner of a 2020 Rubi 2dr now 4 weeks old. In VT it’s not common to see newer 2 doors and nearly all the jeeps from out of state are 4 drs. This is my 3rd Jeep and owning a 4 door was out of the question. To me, it just doesn’t feel right. It’s funny, I’ve owned some nice sports cars and SUV’s but I’ve never had more waves and looks as I do in my new ride. The Bikini Pearl is also a quite rare color.
Jeep Wrangler JL Did i buy a unicorn? 2 door Rubicon 1590837957969

Jeep Wrangler JL Did i buy a unicorn? 2 door Rubicon 1590837994359

gbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Question. With the backseat tumbled forward, will the freedom panels in the bag lay flat?
Unfortunately, no. They'll lay flat if the seats are fully removed, but otherwise you'll need to stand them up on end behind the rear seats (thus the reason for the velcro straps on the back of the seat itself).

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Unfortunately, no. They'll lay flat if the seats are fully removed, but otherwise you'll need to stand them up on end behind the rear seats (thus the reason for the velcro straps on the back of the seat itself).
Fun. If the seat is tumbled forward, will they stand up against the driver side rear glass? As in not block rear view or passenger side view?
How heavy is the rear seat?
Trying to decide against the Sunrider for Hardtop.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Amarug, GET THE SUNRIDER, you'll never regret the extra $$$!!! Your panels can stay hanging on your garage wall like mine do, March thru October, great! I'd leave it on all winter but don't feel right scraping Ice and snow off, I keep the Jeep outside so that's a problem here in N.E.

I think in Atlanta you'd probably leave Sun Rider on all the time, great!!

Go Jeep!!!

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Today I met somebody who did show interest in mine, mainly because he never saw a 2dr, did not even know it did exist :) Wranglers are very rare down here, and most are 4drs.

gbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Fun. If the seat is tumbled forward, will they stand up against the driver side rear glass? As in not block rear view or passenger side view?
How heavy is the rear seat?
Trying to decide against the Sunrider for Hardtop.
There’s not enough space to stand the panels against the driver side glass. It’s due to a lack of front-to-back space, but also the wheel well intrudes and won’t allow something to sit upright against the side.

The weight of the seat is probably 40lbs? The weight isn’t really a problem. It’s just awkward as hell to maneuver (for one person).

I’m increasingly interested in the Bestop Sunrider solution to replace the panels, but it’s pricey.

M151

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (2 door)
I got me a unicorn too. JLR with a 6 speed Manual tranny.

I don't dislike the Unlimited but I think the 2 door looks and performs way better than its 4 door counterpart (except when towing and carrying a lot of sh@%).

For me it's plenty since it's just my wife and I, no kids and no pets not boat to tow. Topless it looks amazing. The day that I need to haul a lot of stuff I'll just take the back seat out or get an external cargo loader. If I even have the need for more space I can always rent a 4 door and fill it with friends and cargo.

I do get a lot of compliments from people on the street since 2 door models are a rare sight nowadays in Miami. Aside from that, I could not help to notice that for some odd reason, people are only buying cars that come in Black, White or Gray (all cars) and anything other than those colors is an eye catcher, so naturally I bought me a Fire Cracker Red with a Tan Soft top, now I stick out like a sore thumb. LOL.

IMG_6862.PNG

Sponsored

M151

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (2 door)
They just told me to take care of it myself. Not impressed. I could see this about 3 to 5 years down the road, not the next year after install.
Sucks when they tell you to fix it yourself. Try looking into Rust Bullet products. Ive tried them and they are pretty good about neutralizing rust with very little (if any) prep work required. You can get the gray runt inhibitor and the Black Shell (unfortunately this is a gloss finish).

I have used it to treat rust spot on the undercarriage (which this JL is very prone to developing) with a great degree of success.

https://www.rustbullet.com

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I think if you study the JL model by location you may find that Toronto, Canada is more of a base model market where as those in FL, NC are a Rubicon market (can not speak for Mid or West coast stats). So I noticed in looking at the numbers from a marketing viewpoint those buyers older then 45 and on the second or third Jeep go the Rubicon model thus the up pricing shows that. Each model JL has it's target market by location. Dealer also know there market and stock what best for their prospects.

So if you like the Rubicon two door (which I have) get it, you will not stand alone.... I have had many "like your Jeep" plus two offers.... which I said no since I have no JL steering issues etc.... it is a keeper and will be teaching my grand kids during learning permit on how to drive in it like I did for their moms. I'm 73 and this is my 4 Jeep and by far the best built one. No regrets.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
I think if you study the JL model by location you may find that Toronto, Canada is more of a base model market where as those in FL, NC are a Rubicon market (can not speak for Mid or West coast stats). So I noticed in looking at the numbers from a marketing viewpoint those buyers older then 45 and on the second or third Jeep go the Rubicon model thus the up pricing shows that. Each model JL has it's target market by location. Dealer also know there market and stock what best for their prospects.

So if you like the Rubicon two door (which I have) get it, you will not stand alone.... I have had many "like your Jeep" plus two offers.... which I said no since I have no JL steering issues etc.... it is a keeper and will be teaching my grand kids during learning permit on how to drive in it like I did for their moms. I'm 73 and this is my 4 Jeep and by far the best built one. No regrets.
You're pretty much bang on regarding your comment about Toronto. Most JL's (and JK's for that matter) around here are either 4 door Saharas or Sports. Then you get a handfull of 4 door Rubicons, and every once in a rare while you'll see a 2 door Rubicon.

Glad I'm in the oddball group with my 2 door JL Rubi :)

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I'm looking for my "unicorn" soon. I didn't read 14 pages of this thread, but I'm in the market for a 2-door JL and a manual if I can decide on the right combo when ordering (this is probably covered in many other threads, but I cannot believe the handcuffs you have when ordering a manual considering engine and packages!!!!).

The 4-door isn't for me, it never will be. In my mind - it's not a wrangler, but more a minivan on a wrangler platform ;)
Sponsored