Did i buy a unicorn? 2 door Rubicon

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Well said and my performance experience with 37’s also. I did build up the steering to H.D. aftermarket parts. Steering is excellent. Only other thing I’d add is about suspension lift. I’ve found 2.5’’s of lift a must for off roading on trails rated 4 and above because of tire rub and that’s on a Rubicon with it’s greater tire clearance to start vs a Sport. Clearance is fine on a flex trailer like MetalCloaks.
MC flex trailer 1.jpg
MC flex trailer 2.jpg

But once on the trail my tires rub the plastic liners indicating static trailer/ramp testing isn’t the same. When you really get twisted up with a wheel off the ground is when things start rubbing at the stuffed tire.
I have the Mopar lift(almost 3”) and am finding 37’s rub quite a bit really. Not a hard travel limiting rub, more a noise annoyance. I am at the point of conceding and pulling the plastic fender liners for aftermarket alum. panels and a frt. light kit. At a cost of $1G, I’m not thrilled with the idea. A few more trail runs and I’ll decide. With the social distancing concerns and Moab EJS being closed down, I’m not sure when those trails I need more experience on will happen. Mid summer months I’m thinking. Sorry for the off track post. I love my unicorn haha.
Update: Found an alternative to aluminum fender liners......
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...astic-fender-liners-for-tire-clearance.48534/
How are you liking those Discoverers on and off road? I'm leaning towards them on my 2 door JLR once my stockers wear down a bit more, with the AEV 2.5". Looks awesome.
Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to post an update on my Roam step sliders. They are showing signs of rust, tons of salt used around here on the roads during winter. I sent emails to Roam with pics and the bottom line is that I have to fix it. They are just over a year old. I'm not screaming mad, but I'm disappointed for sure. Would have expected them to last longer before rusting and blistering.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Just wanted to post an update on my Roam step sliders. They are showing signs of rust, tons of salt used around here on the roads during winter. I sent emails to Roam with pics and the bottom line is that I have to fix it. They are just over a year old. I'm not screaming mad, but I'm disappointed for sure. Would have expected them to last longer before rusting and blistering.
Thanks. Do you have the mk3 or earlier revision?

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Anthony120

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR 2-door
Do you mind posting a pic? I love the look of the Roam sidesteps but what to know what I'm getting into if they do rust.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mind posting a pic? I love the look of the Roam sidesteps but what to know what I'm getting into if they do rust.
Just a couple of the shots.
236C6DD8-F81C-441F-8E54-8E06051FF4EE_1_105_c.jpeg
1CB55AE7-4E07-4102-9444-76930C0737FD_1_105_c.jpeg
Sponsored