Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Love the wheels and tires. What are they?
Mopar offroad capable Wheels:
77072494AB

Milestar Patagonia 37x12.5x17 tires

and thanks !!
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I like them. I would highly recommend getting the frame mounted steps. One issue with these steps (that may no longer be an issue) was that for some, the steps were not straight. See this link: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-2-door-mk2-install-guide-revision-2-0.26197/ Mine were slanted on install. However, I just shimmed them and they are rock solid. Again, this may not be an issue now and it happened with some but not with others. I wouldn't let it stop me from buying them though. Solid product.
Fantastic!!! Thanks!!

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
How are the ROAM steps holding up? Early adaptors reported very poor paint and rust very early on. How was customer service? Any feed back? I wanted them and back away for those reasons. Might reconsider?
So far so good on paint. I think they had changed their powdercoating process when I got mine and helped alot with the rust issues. Mine have been on for several months now, and haven't seen any rust yet. They did arrive with about an inch of paint missing on both sides (see pics). Not sure if this was something from the factory coat or perhaps during the packing process. I did touch it up and it has held up fine so far. Customer service is good from what little I have had to use it. As I said earlier in the post, my biggest hiccup was how much they slanted during install (about 3/4 of an inch). I did shim though and have had no issues with them at all. They are solid. Admittedly, I don't do any hardcore offroading and if I did, I would probably shim them with a metal plate as opposed to washers. I'll eventually do that anyway, but right now, they are doing really well.

20190605_194629.jpg

20190605_194621.jpg

Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I'm very happy with my JL-R! And it's great that it's a 'unicorn', since Deadpool likes unicorns (I have some Deadpool stickers on Ruby).

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
So far so good on paint. I think they had changed their powdercoating process when I got mine and helped alot with the rust issues. Mine have been on for several months now, and haven't seen any rust yet. They did arrive with about an inch of paint missing on both sides (see pics). Not sure if this was something from the factory coat or perhaps during the packing process. I did touch it up and it has held up fine so far. Customer service is good from what little I have had to use it. As I said earlier in the post, my biggest hiccup was how much they slanted during install (about 3/4 of an inch). I did shim though and have had no issues with them at all. They are solid. Admittedly, I don't do any hardcore offroading and if I did, I would probably shim them with a metal plate as opposed to washers. I'll eventually do that anyway, but right now, they are doing really well.

20190605_194629.jpg

20190605_194621.jpg

I have a set of ROAMs too, and after almost 1 Colorado winter I haven't had any issues with them. No issues with paint, love the look and really like the "step". I installed the LEDs too, and that's a nice little "extra". As for customer service, the only issue I has was it took a while to get the order filled, but they were generally responsive when I sent an email asking a question.

powderboarder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Sonic
All the two doors must be in Michigan. I regularly pass three or four 2-door jl on my way on. One almost a clone of my mojito black hard top JLR.

Sponsored

RubiXplr

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It's funny because mine attracts quite a bit of attention, no matter where I go. A lot of it is probably the color and 37's. Looks like TONKA toy. You just don't see them as often anymore.
OnlyOne - Nice JL! Are you running 37s on the stock wheels? If so, what mods (suspension height/type & wheel spacer size) did you make To fit them?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
OnlyOne - Nice JL! Are you running 37s on the stock wheels? If so, what mods (suspension height/type & wheel spacer size) did you make To fit them?
I am. No spacers either. I’m running a 2” Mopar lift with 2” bumpstops. I adjusted the steering stops at full stuff, with the wheels turned each way to eliminate rubbing anywhere. That’s it. It’s nice to keep the tires under the flares and keep the ball joint wear to a minimum, along with keeping all that weight as close as possible. Kind of like lifting a box and keeping it close to your body vs holding away from you.

01637CEE-9680-4A3C-A131-90E403C073C9.jpeg

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
Maybe not quite a unicorn, more like a Sasquatch. My JL Sport is one of very few I see. There are lots of Wranglers here in Castle Rock CO and I see 10X more JK/JL unlimited. I had looked at this 2019 JL Sport with a 3.6 having AC, Hardtop, and Auto as options in Dec during end of yr discount. I needed a little more off to make it work but they refused to drop any more. Even though it was exactly what I wanted I decided to wait and think about it more. There were several JL/JLRs on the lot but can't say I saw anything with manual, seems most 2 doors were the 2.0 option. They contacted me in Jan and dropped the price another $2K so I was all in.
I love her so much and want to name her but I'm afraid to because I talk in my sleep. Might just have to name her after my wife. I'm finally getting her plates tomorrow and saving up to buy her some new shoes.

My 2019 JL 2door.JPG
Sponsored