Sponsored

Did i buy a unicorn? 2 door Rubicon

r-d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-door
I live in Toronto, Canada. Got my 2019 Jeep Rubicon Summer 2019, it was marked way down so the price was only a little more than the Sport S, in my 6 months of owning this I have not seen another single person driving a 2 door JL Rubicon!
You're not the only one. I'm also in Toronto (Etobicoke) and I bought a 2-door manual Rubicon in Summer 2019 as well. Since then, I don't think I saw more than three other 2-door Rubicons on the streets. :jk:
Sponsored

1lostCDN

First Name
Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 GMC Jimmy (Jeep coming soon)
You're not the only one. I'm also in Toronto (Etobicoke) and I bought a 2-door manual Rubicon in Summer 2019 as well. Since then, I don't think I saw more than three other 2-door Rubicons on the streets. :jk:

There will be one more joining you guys eventually lol. I'm about an hour from the GTA down in Woodstock. How do you like your manual rubicon?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hardtop is stored for the summer.....
postIMG_4955.jpeg

postIMG_7905.jpeg
Jealous! We have quite some time before we can pop the top here in the Chicago area. The shelter in place we have going on does not help either.

Nice touch with the small Rubicon decal on the roll cage. Love the 4-Wheel Drive decal also!

debandi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep Rubicon
Jealous! We have quite some time before we can pop the top here in the Chicago area. The shelter in place we have going on does not help either.

Nice touch with the small Rubicon decal on the roll cage. Love the 4-Wheel Drive decal also!
Thanks buddy. We will be in the 80's today and everything started to bloom in Alabama last week.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Thanks buddy. We will be in the 80's today and everything started to bloom in Alabama last week.
You JLR is like a Easter Egg hunt! First the roll cage, 4-Wheel Drive, vent decals and now I just noticed the painted shift console! Nice touches!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
You JLR is like a Easter Egg hunt! First the roll cage, 4-Wheel Drive, vent decals and now I just noticed the painted shift console! Nice touches!
I was going to ask if he painted the dash to match the paint, but now I bet it is along with the console. Very well done.

debandi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep Rubicon
I did take the plastic door trim off for the soft top. I was doing testing today with the trim off and on. I wanted to make sure the Rampage Tonneau Cover would not act like a wind sale with the doors removed. It did Okay at 55 miles per hour. I'll do more on that tomorrow. Many of us have a best top soft top. You will need the tail gate bar for the rampage product. https://www.rampageproducts.com/rampage-741135-tonneau-cover On another note. The Rampage windscreen does not fit the 2 door. Straps are way too short for the two-door roll bar. It only works for the four-door. Do not order this. https://www.rampageproducts.com/rampage-990040-windbreaker They are working on correcting this problem. Been working with them for the last several week on the issue. They do have great customer service. Full return with shipping paid.

nowpostIMG_5520.jpeg

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
debandi said:
On another note. The Rampage windscreen does not fit the 2 door. Straps are way too short for the two-door roll bar. It only works for the four-door. Do not order this. https://www.rampageproducts.com/rampage-990040-windbreaker
Darn, that windscreen is sitting at home in the box. I'll probably work around by extending the straps. I would have thought the dimensions in that area would be the same between 2 and 4 doors. The cover works well, I just wish the JL had the same type of tailgate as the TJ (i.e., where the rear window clips into the top lip like the side windows).

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I also like the short antenna. Hope that @debandi will post the source and quality of reception. Should make getting a car cover on and off a little easier.

Later,
Johnny

debandi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep Rubicon
noIMG_4230.jpeg
Darn, that windscreen is sitting at home in the box. I'll probably work around by extending the straps. I would have thought the dimensions in that area would be the same between 2 and 4 doors. The cover works well, I just wish the JL had the same type of tailgate as the TJ (i.e., where the rear window clips into the top lip like the side windows).
It's not gonna work bro. I extended the straps and it's just not the correct application. Blocks your rear view mirror and acts like a wind sail. Spent 4 days trying to make it work.

Last edited:

Luis Angel Reyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2D StingGray, F-150 SuperCrew, Venza
noIMG_4230.jpeg

It's not gonna work bro. I extended the straps and it's just not the correct application. Blocks your rear view mirror and acts like a wind sail. Spent 4 days trying to make it work.
noIMG_4230.jpeg

The Rubicon sticker, do have a link? Thanks