Sponsored

Did everyone receive two keys?

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Spoke to my Sales Rep and I will be getting two keys.
Great forum discussion had a posting of what to expect when picking up my new Wrangler.
Sponsored

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
I received 3 keys, appears one does not work, figures that the one I tool the key part off and hid on the jeep, guess I have to try to remember where I hid it so I can get them to reprogram all of them.
It is my understanding that the FOB's cant be reprogrammed, does this mean I'm without a vehicle while they order 3 new one's?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I received 3 keys, appears one does not work, figures that the one I tool the key part off and hid on the jeep, guess I have to try to remember where I hid it so I can get them to reprogram all of them.
It is my understanding that the FOB's cant be reprogrammed, does this mean I'm without a vehicle while they order 3 new one's?
So, 2 of your keys and fobs work? Sounds like you just have the spare key from OP’s Jeep lol.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Once the new key is programmed the old key will not work any longer.
Never heard of this factoid. People lose keys all the time and purchase new ones and have them programmed and their spare still works. Did it with a BMW. Maybe FCA is special?

Sponsored

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
Never heard of this factoid. People lose keys all the time and purchase new ones and have them programmed and their spare still works. Did it with a BMW. Maybe FCA is special?
I work for a Infiniti dealership, you have to bring all the keys that you want programed along with the new key. Any key that is not with the tech when he programs them is erased from the car. Might be different for other car brands though.

mightypipsqueak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Nope! Only one for my 2019 Sahara. The people at the dealership said it would come in later and they’d call. Never did. Every time I brought it in for service or repairs I’d ask about the key and each time they’d say they would get back to me or it was on its way but no ETA.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Nope! Only one for my 2019 Sahara. The people at the dealership said it would come in later and they’d call. Never did. Every time I brought it in for service or repairs I’d ask about the key and each time they’d say they would get back to me or it was on its way but no ETA.
Did you buy it new?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@mightypipsqueak

You let them get away with their blowing smoke up your arse.. That's on you.. They would not have gotten away with that if they were dealing with me... No way in hell...

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
You guys keep saying two keys. Isn’t it more like two life rafts? They are big suckers.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy