Sponsored

Did anyone wrap their fenders and/or hardtop?

NickMarzo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I have the standard black fenders and hardtop and I am considering wrapping them to match the body. Has anyone done this and how has it turned out?
Sponsored

WhiteGold

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR White
Vehicle Showcase
From my experience, which is absolutely not professional, it has to be a smooth surface. The textured surface of typical automotive dashes and door panels, jl fenders is too rough. I may be incorrect as a professional may have a way of doing it?

MSUConrad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, JL Rubicon
I asked the same question to a wrap shop. They said that it would not adhere, and would pull off easily. Recommendation was a full plasti-dip, but I can’t see that being very durable.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I asked the same question to a wrap shop. They said that it would not adhere, and would pull off easily. Recommendation was a full plasti-dip, but I can’t see that being very durable.
If you haven't experimented with Plasti-Dip -- you aren't living :rock: naw but srsly it's great stuff and very durable. Only trick is make sure you get enough coats on. Most people using Spray Paints like to put on lots of really thin coats, so it doesn't run or look too spotty. Do that, but make sure you get enough complete coats on there. Otherwise it makes it more challenging to pull off when you want to some day. Also, you can spray more on top to thicken it up, even if it's from an older job. You can also texture on top of the plasti-dip, I did most of my emblems with a few coats of plasti and a few coats of truck bed liner to match. It's very cheap and easy to DIY, so it might be worth looking into vs. a full wrap. Good luck!

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Another forum member w a white Jeep had his fenders sanded down and painted