Sponsored

Did anyone received their soft top yet?

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe ours will come in with fancy improvements?!?!?!?

:cwl::cwl::cwl:
We just ordered too early. I could have waited two months to order and I would have not been delayed at all. Jeep really screwed the pooch on this launch.
Sponsored

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
Well I just received my window sticker and my Jeep is shipping with a black soft top instead of tan! Dealer placed order correctly and FCA claims tan tops were an issue so maybe they decided to just send black! Called around to Koons in Va hoping they had a similar Jeep in stock with a tan soft top and the salesman told me he hasn’t seen a tan top yet and they have received dozens of JL’s already. Does anyone actually have a tan soft top?

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I just received my window sticker and my Jeep is shipping with a black soft top instead of tan! Dealer placed order correctly and FCA claims tan tops were an issue so maybe they decided to just send black! Called around to Koons in Va hoping they had a similar Jeep in stock with a tan soft top and the salesman told me he hasn’t seen a tan top yet and they have received dozens of JL’s already. Does anyone actually have a tan soft top?
This does not surprise me in the least. I have seen zero tan soft tops out there. Naturally they put the wrong color soft top in your Jeep and NO Black Soft Top for everyone here who is still waiting! UGH!

OP
OP

TMM

First Name
TM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Guys any positive update with our missing soft top?

Sponsored

OP
OP

TMM

First Name
TM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
What can we do to force Jeep to send us the soft tops. I think they are treating us like we ordered these soft tops separately as an accessory.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What can we do to force Jeep to send us the soft tops. I think they are treating us like we ordered these soft tops separately as an accessory.
They are actually treating us worse. Because we have no leverage and we have our jeeps and have already paid they can jerk us around all they want. I am going to give it until the end of June. If they don't deliver it by the time anyone can just go order it I might tell the dealer I am ordering it myself and will be sending them the bill.

Reactions: TMM

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I just got this from my sales person. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I was emailing every couple of days and had the sales manager escalate. Anyone else get theirs? Extra bonus.. they are delivering it to my house so I don't have to drive an hour to go get it.

IMG_20501.jpg

OP
OP

TMM

First Name
TM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
So I just got this from my sales person. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I was emailing every couple of days and had the sales manager escalate. Anyone else get theirs? Extra bonus.. they are delivering it to my house so I don't have to drive an hour to go get it.

IMG_20501.jpg
Nice. When did you take delivery of your JL? I’ve been waiting for the soft top for about 8 weeks now.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. When did you take delivery of your JL? I’ve been waiting for the soft top for about 8 weeks now.
Ordered January 30th, built on the 14th of February and delivered on May 4th. So it has been less than 3 weeks since delivery but almost 4 months from order date. I have been on them like stink on Pooh. Not being a jerk about but being the squeaky wheel they don't want to have to deal with anymore. Lol.

Sponsored

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
Ordered January 30th, built on the 14th of February and delivered on May 4th. So it has been less than 3 weeks since delivery but almost 4 months from order date. I have been on them like stink on Pooh. Not being a jerk about but being the squeaky wheel they don't want to have to deal with anymore. Lol.
I took delivery of my JL March 3rd and still not top. I was at the dealer today and they have escalated it, but still no news. I am asking my dealer what they are going to do to keep my happy (in addition to getting me my top. Has anyone else gotten any perks/compensation because of the delay?

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I took delivery of my JL March 3rd and still not top. I was at the dealer today and they have escalated it, but still no news. I am asking my dealer what they are going to do to keep my happy (in addition to getting me my top. Has anyone else gotten any perks/compensation because of the delay?
I did not get anything from the delay on the top, but I waited for my Jeep and I ended up with a 5/60k bumper to bumper warranty. I was pretty happy with that.

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Wow. Hope you guys get your tops soon. Makes me nervous. It’s like Tesla with the model 3.

Jeepmanrmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Took possession of my Sport S JLU on 2/9/18, still waiting on the soft-top!! It's been 4 months... Been visiting the dealership every 2 weeks, next trip is to escalate with exec. mgmt... Time to get some other perks for pain and suffering...

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
Took possession of my Sport S JLU on 2/9/18, still waiting on the soft-top!! It's been 4 months... Been visiting the dealership every 2 weeks, next trip is to escalate with exec. mgmt... Time to get some other perks for pain and suffering...
My goal as well. What are you aiming for?
Sponsored