Did anyone received their soft top yet?

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
i Have been waiting since 3/23 when I took delivery of my JLUR. My dealer was told by his rep that delivery is 6-8 weeks. Crossing my fingers that it would arrive soon since the weather here in NY is already summerlike
Picked mine up 3/3 and still no soft top.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I guess this explains why I'm having a hard time finding Jeeps with the premium soft top. I don't want a hard top at all.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Picked mine up 3/3 and still no soft top.
So have you followed up with them? Is there anything we can do besides bug them every week? I do not want to be in that same spot, waiting 2-3 months down the road with no soft top and the dealer just tells me there is nothing they can do.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
So have you followed up with them? Is there anything we can do besides bug them every week? I do not want to be in that same spot, waiting 2-3 months down the road with no soft top and the dealer just tells me there is nothing they can do.
I can’t imagine it taking 3 months, I sure hope not anyway , I’ve seen on here some jeeps being delivered with both so I wonder why some are receiving their soft tops

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t imagine it taking 3 months, I sure hope not anyway , I’ve seen on here some jeeps being delivered with both so I wonder why some are receiving their soft tops
Well the guy I quoted had waited for 2 months and he still does not have it, so I am not thinking 3 months is out of line.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Well the guy I quoted had waited for 2 months and he still does not have it, so I am not thinking 3 months is out of line.
Geez

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
It’s hard to believe jeep can’t get soft tops , I mean that’s the thing that separates jeep from every other SUV is the soft top. No green paint no soft top it seems jeep has lost its way. LOL. we’re almost at the end of 2018 model year and they still don’t have all the options and production running yet , we will be ordering 2019’s very soon and I sure hope they get this all ironed out by then.

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly where I'm at right now. I keep it in perspective and remember that I have my Jeep already, so I will be just fine without the soft top.

OP
OP

TMM

First Name
TM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
So after waiting for almost seven weeks and no soft top I called FCA customer care to complain. They immediately called my dealer to investigate. I received a call back about 15 minutes after my initial call to inform me that they are escalating the case of my missing and undelivered soft top. Hopefully it’ll be here before the summer.

Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So after waiting for almost seven weeks and no soft top I called FCA customer care to complain. They immediately called my dealer to investigate. I received a call back about 15 minutes after my initial call to inform me that they are escalating the case of my missing and undelivered soft top. Hopefully it’ll be here before the summer.
Jeep could not have fumbled this launch woesw if they had tried. I hope you get yours soon.

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When did you pick up your Jeep? I got mine March 3rd and haven't heard anything.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Ordered 2/3, picked it up 4/28. The coffin was in the back (soft top box).

Reactions: TMM
OP
OP

TMM

First Name
TM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
When did you pick up your Jeep? I got mine March 3rd and haven't heard anything.
I took delivery March 23rd.
I took delivery March 23rd. So I got another call from FCA informing me that there was a delay because the soft top is still in “development” ??? Smh

Last edited:

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took delivery March 23rd.

I took delivery March 23rd. So I got another call from FCA informing me that because there was a delay because the soft top is still in “development” ??? Smh
Maybe ours will come in with fancy improvements?!?!?!?

:cwl::cwl::cwl:
Sponsored

Reactions: TMM