Sponsored

Did anybody ever suggest a trade for your Jeep?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That was one weird encounter, for sure.

And then to flip you off! Was he really expecting you to accept his ridiculous offer?

Was he just let out of prison...?
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a scam attempt to me. A high pressure offer of cash.

Anyways, I had a couple dealers offer me money for my Raptor. There is a shortage of trucks and the Raptor hasn’t been built since last Summer. One finally offered me $65K for it. I pounced on it since I originally paid only $61K.

Reactions: apb

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I knew crazy stuff would happen as soon as I would buy a Jeep. But I never expected this that soon.

Three weeks in, fueling the Willys. This random guy shows up and points at his 2020 Subie STI, next pump.

"If your Wrangler's a manual, I trade you my STI plus 10 000 $CAN for your Jeep. Like...right now", he said.

I looked at the pump gauge besides his STI: 92 $CAN worth of premium fuel.

"Is that why?", I asked with a smirk on my face, pointing at the pump.

He repeated his offer. His STI and 10 000$. "Cash", he added.

"Nah i'm good. Nice car, by the way", I added, pointing at what I would call a very nice (and probably stolen) black STI.

Insulted, he flipped the bird at me, spat on my Jeep and walked away.

HE SPAT ON MY WILLYS. HE F'N...SPAT...ON MY JEEP.

Now, let's put aside the fact that guy was obviously a shady dip s***. Did anybody ever suggest a trade for your Wrangler?
As a Canadian, I read this and was a little sceptical. Then I saw you're from Quebec and it completely makes sense. Still a little odd though, I mean a STI is worth more than a 2dr Willys without the $10k........

Canadian or not, I'm probably more appalled that you let some dude spit on your ride and just walk away. Did he ask for your girlfriend\wife's number also?

Sponsored

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
As a Canadian, I read this and was a little sceptical. Then I saw you're from Quebec and it completely makes sense. Still a little odd though, I mean a STI is worth more than a 2dr Willys without the $10k........

Canadian or not, I'm probably more appalled that you let some dude spit on your ride and just walk away. Did he ask for your girlfriend\wife's number also?
Hey, that's harsh. Remember, we're nice? Yes, our QC friends have had a reputation, but that's in the past - they voted 'non'!

Now say sorry whether you mean it or not and let's have a full strength beer and a couple rye's!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey, that's harsh. Remember, we're nice? Yes, our QC friends have had a reputation, but that's in the past - they voted 'non'!

Now say sorry whether you mean it or not and let's have a full strength beer and a couple rye's!
Lol, my mother's side is Quebecois. I've earned the right.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Some people just deserve and ass beating.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Nah but he asked for your Mom’s so I gave it away saying there’s already 50 boys who have it anyway.

We laughed. Good memory.
A mom joke? Seriously? C'mon, we have a reputation to uphold, we are gonna need you more witty than that. Now I am REALLY starting to doubt the story.

So yes then?
Your license plates are true! Lol.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
:CWL:

Our cops don't really have birds in Canada. I think Peel Regional (a suburban area of Toronto that includes Pearson airport) has one and the Provincial Police in Ontario and Quebec as well as the Mounties have a couple, but our cops don't generally have choppers, or armored vehicles for that matter.
Hell, they still ride horses out in Saskatchewan, and dog sleds in the Yukon !!!
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: BH6