Sponsored

Did anybody ever suggest a trade for your Jeep?

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I knew crazy stuff would happen as soon as I would buy a Jeep. But I never expected this that soon.

Three weeks in, fueling the Willys. This random guy shows up and points at his 2020 Subie STI, next pump.

"If your Wrangler's a manual, I trade you my STI plus 10 000 $CAN for your Jeep. Like...right now", he said.

I looked at the pump gauge besides his STI: 92 $CAN worth of premium fuel.

"Is that why?", I asked with a smirk on my face, pointing at the pump.

He repeated his offer. His STI and 10 000$. "Cash", he added.

"Nah i'm good. Nice car, by the way", I added, pointing at what I would call a very nice (and probably stolen) black STI.

Insulted, he flipped the bird at me, spat on my Jeep and walked away.

HE SPAT ON MY WILLYS. HE F'N...SPAT...ON MY JEEP.

Now, let's put aside the fact that guy was obviously a shady dip s***. Did anybody ever suggest a trade for your Wrangler?
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Ah, come on, man. They're cool pocket rockets.

Plus, they're survivors in a world where manuals are slowly but surely disappearing. Sadly.

But for my Willys? Never in a million years.
I like the STI and intend to buy one someday. Maybe when the Rubicon is paid for... But when jerks collide...

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

At a car show I went to as a spectator, a guy offered to trade me my supercharged TJ on one tons for his 66 Camaro. I strongly considered it as it was paid off and his Camaro was in really nice shape.

Now if someone spit on my Jeep or any other car for refusing an offer, I am not sure that I wouldn't have beat the crap out of him...

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Well, I've had quite a few nice comments from folks that like the Jeep & some that ask if it's a Rubicon (I took all the stickers off including the Rubicon on the hood).

But...
I wish I had a dollar for everyone that has stopped & asked if I would sell my 1990 Toyota 4x4 extra-cab, 5-speed with 22re.

But...
Dude would have needed to jump in that STI & sped off, if he spit on my Jeep or I might have knocked him spitless. :CWL:

Nah, probably not, but I would have definitely been ticked off.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Never my Jeep yet but I used to get people offering to buy my Trans Am that I had for 19 years. When I put it up for sale last month it sold in 3 hours to a guy in Texas. He bought it only looking at the pictures online. He hired a service and had it shipped to him. It was a rare color with low miles.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've gotten a lot of compliments, but never trade offers.

But that's beside the point. How many teeth did he eventually shit? In my opinion, someone spitting on my anything is an immediate forfeit of their ability to handle solid foods.

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T
Yesterday I was at the gym looking out the window as I took a breather and I noticed a guy who stopped and starred for a few minutes at my Jeep, then walked to his car, then came back and took several pictures. I just thought he liked what he saw. If I had been outside I may very well have gotten an offer of some kind.

Sponsored

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
Did you spot any Police helicopters flying around afterward ?
Good thing it was a public place, that was a very creepy encounter
:CWL:

Our cops don't really have birds in Canada. I think Peel Regional (a suburban area of Toronto that includes Pearson airport) has one and the Provincial Police in Ontario and Quebec as well as the Mounties have a couple, but our cops don't generally have choppers, or armored vehicles for that matter.

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU ,2019 Cherokee Limited
At a car show I went to as a spectator, a guy offered to trade me my supercharged TJ on one tons for his 66 Camaro. I strongly considered it as it was paid off and his Camaro was in really nice shape.

Now if someone spit on my Jeep or any other car for refusing an offer, I am not sure that I wouldn't have beat the crap out of him...
No Camaros in 66. 67 & up..

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Cars are for pussies and women who are pussies
But dont mind me im a typical redneck albertan

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I've had a few dealerships I have done business with ask to buy my Jeep off of me. They're never pushy, just always looking for something to flip.
Sponsored