Dick Cepek Extreme Country 35X12.5X17 Review

mjf4241

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just had these tires installed on my JLUR and I drove home about 35 miles on Interstate and state highway. They are a little louder than the BFGoodrich KO2, but not crazy loud like other mud tires. They have good road manners, and will probably improve on that after I do a chalk test to adjust air pressure. On they way home they were at 37/38psi, which is probably going to be a few pounds too much. Compared to the stock 285/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2s I see that the "real world" diameter of these tires and 17" wheels are about 2 inches taller (34" on these verses 32" on the KO2). The advertised diameter of these Extreme Country is 34.7" and the advertised diameter of the BF Goodrich KO2 is 32.8". I did gain about an inch of height from the floor of my garage to the bottom edge of the fenders. My initial impression of these tires are that they have relatively good road manners and the tread pattern looks like they can chew up quite a bit of mud. I will update this review as I rack up more mileage on them. Oh, and I will update this thread with pictures tomorrow.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I just had these tires installed on my JLUR and I drove home about 35 miles on Interstate and state highway. They are a little louder than the BFGoodrich KO2, but not crazy loud like other mud tires. They have good road manners, and will probably improve on that after I do a chalk test to adjust air pressure. On they way home they were at 37/38psi, which is probably going to be a few pounds too much. Compared to the stock 285/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2s I see that the "real world" diameter of these tires and 17" wheels are about 2 inches taller (34" on these verses 32" on the KO2). The advertised diameter of these Extreme Country is 34.7" and the advertised diameter of the BF Goodrich KO2 is 32.8". I did gain about an inch of height from the floor of my garage to the bottom edge of the fenders. My initial impression of these tires are that they have relatively good road manners and the tread pattern looks like they can chew up quite a bit of mud. I will update this review as I rack up more mileage on them. Oh, and I will update this thread with pictures tomorrow.
Nice review...pics?

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
Wait till you use them on wet rock or wet hill.
Garbage...
I really wish DC did not discontinue the mud countrys

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. Keep us updated how you like them off road.

HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Recon, Cherokee, V-Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates? Taking a look at these.

OP
OP
mjf4241

mjf4241

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any updates? Taking a look at these.
I can say that on the road there is some road noise. But I’ve also rotated all 5 of them about every 5000 miles and they are wearing pretty evenly. Don’t have that uneven tread wear sound. Unfortunately I have not made any trips to the Texas hill country to a favorite off-road park there. So I can’t say anything about off road ability.
I’ve been happy with them. I’d say I have about 50 to 60 percent of tread wear left after a year and a half of on road driving.
Sponsored