Sponsored

Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Install and review (with pics)

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the slipstream.... what a pain in the ass!!!.... 3 1/2 to 4 hours with help.... so far I love it, looks good and serves its purpose... I'm currently running it with a hard top, but can anyone confirm that I have to disassemble it to install the soft top?? or what to expect???? also wanted to add this .. because I was puzzled by this at first as well... what's the point of all this if your running a soft top or no top and someone just breaks in or just simply walks up and hits the door unlock button... I thought that makes this all pretty pointless... but what I found out is that, if the doors are locked, and the key fob is "not present".. the locks will not disengage if anyone tries to push the lock/unlock button.. so therefore makes this even more awesome and useful... and adds much more piece of mind...

now worrying about the rest of the jeep... well you all know how that goes.....:facepalm:
Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Alan told me in November after I installed with no instruction that he actually had them done. They are a very sloppy company product is designed OK and functions well, but the lack if instructions there is no excuse except for lazyness.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I wish this install only took 4 hours...I'm onto a few days...Solo install and having to cut up the passenger side wing wall has made this when hell of a project...The correct instructions and not have to flip through various install videos would be helpful... :headbang:

Rubi22

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Does anyone know if the Slipstream is compatible with the Bestop Trektop NX?

I currently have a hard top but was planning on getting the Trektop this summer. If the Slipstream is not compatible, I'll probably have to go with the Tuffy storage box.
Installed both yesterday on my JLU and no issues except with the race back you would have to unzip the window to open the box. I love the look of both and yes it’s a 4 hour each job. I have the subwoofer and don’t notice any difference in the base. Only picture I have so far it’s raining today.

27993302-092D-4D4A-B24F-70A696A1496A.jpeg

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
How reasonably can the slipstream be weatherproofed?

I currently only have a hard top. For the summer, I'm considering running a soft top with sunrider-ish feature & a rear 'curtain' like the product below, but replacing the soft tonneau with the slipstream. I'd like it to be as water-tight as the tonneau. Is it possible? reasonable?
RMP-990135-Trailview-Tonneau-JKU-Full-Studio1.jpg
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rampage...91UWN8TDhxdjAQgQMbdXojWdF_isodhBoCN4YQAvD_BwE

I like the slipstream features AND my ability to build somewhat of a 'bed rack' out of 80/20 that could mount on top of the slipstream, sharing the hard top bolt holes. I'm trying to get the benefits of an exo rack for carrying kayaks without compromising the ease of opening the roof and changing tops. My 80/20 rack would be similar to this, just smaller to match the length of the cargo area.
8020-frame-1-8020-bike-frame-jigs.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You would likely need to add a cover over it, it could be made mostly water tight with sealer and gasketing but likely not 100%

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if you could secure a tire to the top of that thing...

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
What is the distance between the floor and the botton of the lid? I have the 55qt wheeled yeti and am worried it wont fit

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What is the distance between the floor and the botton of the lid? I have the 55qt wheeled yeti and am worried it wont fit
It's roughly the same as to the top of the body tub. Maybe subtract 3/4" from that. If your Yeti comes up above the edge of the tub, it definitely will not fit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Slipstream makes an extended top lid that adds a few inches in height (I believe 4") that is designed to accommodate taller refers and other items. The also have a 7" extended cover

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Install and review (with pics) lid3inch_1024x1024

7" cover

IMG_9738_1024x1024.jpg

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Slipstream makes an extended top lid that adds a few inches in height (I believe 4") that is designed to accommodate taller refers and other items. The also have a 7" extended cover

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Install and review (with pics) IMG_9738_1024x1024

7" cover

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Install and review (with pics) IMG_9738_1024x1024
This is exactly what i was hoping for thanks my guy
Sponsored