Diabolical Slipstream Rattle

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Ender 3 pro with PETG (Overture). Do you use Fusion 360? I can upload those files too. That way you can tweak the dimensions from the native file.
Yes I do use fusion 360. Thx
Sponsored

sampjr

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Ok so i have the 2021 rubicon and i have my eyes on the Diabolical slipstream I've watched install videos and i see it has to attach to rear seat bolts..........my problem is my rear seat bolts are covered my the gap hider (pictures sent). Has anyone have this problem?
P.S new to the jeep family so please forgive if this is a silly question.

10BF80CF-83F9-4B60-86A8-A996B2552C88_1_201_a.jpeg

Sponsored

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
Ok so i have the 2021 rubicon and i have my eyes on the Diabolical slipstream I've watched install videos and i see it has to attach to rear seat bolts..........my problem is my rear seat bolts are covered my the gap hider (pictures sent). Has anyone have this problem?
P.S new to the jeep family so please forgive if this is a silly question.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Rattle 10BF80CF-83F9-4B60-86A8-A996B2552C88_1_201_a
You have to pop the edge off. There are clips underneath that area. Just be careful not to bend or crush the clips. Also, if you are planning to wire anything in the back left side from the cigarette lighter wire take it out now before you set up the whole system. I wish someone would have told me that before I set it all up. Either way, Enjoy your new toy. Love my slipstream

sampjr

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
You have to pop the edge off. There are clips underneath that area. Just be careful not to bend or crush the clips. Also, if you are planning to wire anything in the back left side from the cigarette lighter wire take it out now before you set up the whole system. I wish someone would have told me that before I set it all up. Either way, Enjoy your new toy. Love my slipstream
OK thx for the info. Now when you pop the gap hider off does it stay off or does it go back in after slipstream install?

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK thx for the info. Now when you pop the gap hider off does it stay off or does it go back in after slipstream install?
It goes back in.

46D3A15C-260F-46AF-A1EB-AE1EB2EF6709.jpeg

20D441FD-0962-4C95-AC15-7917937CD9EC.jpeg

sampjr

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
It goes back in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Rattle 20D441FD-0962-4C95-AC15-7917937CD9EC

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Rattle 20D441FD-0962-4C95-AC15-7917937CD9EC
ok cool thx a lot this is the answer i was looking for you are the best!!!!
was it a pain in the ass getting the gap hider on and off? I see they are held on by alligator clips but very hard to get to.

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok cool thx a lot this is the answer i was looking for you are the best!!!!
was it a pain in the ass getting the gap hider on and off? I see they are held on by alligator clips but very hard to get to.
A little painful but not to bad

Sponsored

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I had tried plasti-dip myself. Everytime I needed to break down the slipstream in order to haul stuff the rubber would get shredded. I discovered that by wedging edging trim along a few of the inside edges of the front wall tightened everything up. I also used it to edge the metal tie down strips on top.

OP
OP
Djmatt85

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Fantastic! Just put in my slipstream this weekend and wanted a way to silence the bolts. Gonna print these and give it a try. Thanks!
It may take a little tweaking, but it works out well once you get it dialed in.
I’ve stopped making them, but have a few sets worth just lying around if you can’t get it to work. I ended up post processing on my lathe to get rid of the seam and ensure consistency.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
It may take a little tweaking, but it works out well once you get it dialed in.
I’ve stopped making them, but have a few sets worth just lying around if you can’t get it to work. I ended up post processing on my lathe to get rid of the seam and ensure consistency.
Thanks. I noticed the Thin Sleeve STL when imported into Prusa slicer looks fine but when you slice it mine is just flattening out nearly the height of a dime. The thick sliced and printed fine (havent tested on bolts yet).
Sponsored

Last edited: