Sponsored

Diabolical Slipstream Install and review

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Could someone tell me where the 2 rubber strips go?
The narrower, thicker adhesive strip goes between the innermost top panel and the wall. The flat foam goes between the top and the sides of the Jeep. The thin, channeled rubber trims the end of the tailskin.

Sponsored

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
The narrower, thicker adhesive strip goes between the innermost top panel and the wall. The flat foam goes between the top and the sides of the Jeep. The thin, channeled rubber trims the end of the tailskin.
I've got all those in the right spots but I also have two thin rubber strips with adhesive backing. Not sure where those go.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
if it is the thin/narrow foam tape that sits on the ledge that supports the center top to keep it from rattling. The only other foal is for the rails around the bed of the Wrangler

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
if it is the thin/narrow foam tape that sits on the ledge that supports the center top to keep it from rattling. The only other foal is for the rails around the bed of the Wrangler
Yep, could be those too.

ridgerunner

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 3.6
Has anyone had luck making a cargo mat work with the slipstream? Interested in the brand and pics if you have them. I'm sure no cargo mat is perfectly compatible but would like to see how others made them fit with a workaround. TIA.

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Has anyone come up with a way to set up the block off plate that the hardtop wiring passes through? Each time I take my top off or put it back on I have to back out that bolt enough until I can rotate the block off plate. I keep thinking there must be a better way.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The thin, channeled rubber trims the end of the tailskin.
My kit (purchased end of 2019, maybe early 2020) did not include any channeled rubber trim. Is this going between the end piece and the rear tailgate? Does it have adhesive or anything to hold it in place? Don't know why putting rubber trim on the piece never occurred to me before, going to see what I kind find this afternoon to get it done.

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Has anyone come up with a way to set up the block off plate that the hardtop wiring passes through? Each time I take my top off or put it back on I have to back out that bolt enough until I can rotate the block off plate. I keep thinking there must be a better way.
I took a little spring (maybe out of a pen) and put it on a longer screw with a wingnut. Holds it in place but gives some slack for rotating the plate.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
My kit (purchased end of 2019, maybe early 2020) did not include any channeled rubber trim. Is this going between the end piece and the rear tailgate? Does it have adhesive or anything to hold it in place? Don't know why putting rubber trim on the piece never occurred to me before, going to see what I kind find this afternoon to get it done.
Amazon sells it cheap. 👍🏼

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had luck making a cargo mat work with the slipstream? Interested in the brand and pics if you have them. I'm sure no cargo mat is perfectly compatible but would like to see how others made them fit with a workaround. TIA.
We know it works with the OEM/Mopar Cargo mats. You do need to cut two small slits so they will allow the ley properly around the mounts at the rear seat bolts.
Sponsored