Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2 door hard top with the Outback trailgator installed (the tailgate mounted folding table). Will the slipstream fit or does the trailgator make contact with the slipstream?
Slipstream will fit just fine and not interfere with the Folding Table at all.
Sponsored

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
As this thread seems to be the place to share installation/general experiences I thought I’d share mine. I installed my Slipstream over the course of 4 days (dislocated my shoulder and had a friend help with 90% of the install one day and slowly added the rest of the bolts myself over 3 days) and it’s a smooth install. I did have to make 2 minor modifications to the softtop bracket on the Bestop Trektop Ultra softtop; a very small corner needed to be dremeled off of the plastic bracket on each side. It now sits flush on the slipstream and looks like a factory fit. I have some minor adjusting to do with the wing skins to make the top open smoother and some adjusting to the locking mechanism as it’s very..sticky?

I’ve also purchased Hydrofoam and have that ready to be cut one my shoulder has a little more maneuverability. I’m an avid camper with lots of photo gear and also store my paddle board in my Jeep over the summers; paying for the peace of mind I get from the Slipstream is a very small price to pay for sometimes $10k of equipment that could be in the trunk. Thanks Alan for a fantastic product!!!

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
I have a 2 door hard top with the Outback trailgator installed (the tailgate mounted folding table). Will the slipstream fit or does the trailgator make contact with the slipstream?

4CD07135-C3D4-47E7-914D-8B80421FCBE9.jpeg

1C314D24-B52D-43C7-BF68-2BD95AF9B23D.jpeg
Will fit fine. The metal piece sits just under the tailgate upper lip.

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
Can anyone give insight if the slipstream provides access to the rear seat back latch points on the JLU with leather seats? From pictures it looks like it would block the outer most points, but potentially allow access to the middle one on the Moab leather seats. Any pictures would be appreciated. Thanks.

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone give insight if the slipstream provides access to the rear seat back latch points on the JLU with leather seats? From pictures it looks like it would block the outer most points, but potentially allow access to the middle one on the Moab leather seats. Any pictures would be appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure what your asking. It is easy to grab the seat back latches on the back/top of the leather seats in my Rubicon. There is also ~6” of space at the bottom behind the seats and tapers up to almost no space at the top. Not sure about the other models. Hope that helps.

Sponsored

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
Not sure what your asking. It is easy to grab the seat back latches on the back/top of the leather seats in my Rubicon. There is also ~6” of space at the bottom behind the seats and tapers up to almost no space at the top. Not sure about the other models. Hope that helps.
first world problems for those with kids and car seats. The little metal u hooks on the back of the rear seats that are marked are called latch points. They are for the rear teethers on car seats and needed to properly secure a car seat. They work in conjunction with the latch points at the base of the two outboard seats or a seat belt to secure a forward facing car seat to the car. See attached photo with latch points circled in red.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Install and review 6D1CDCC0-00F8-4507-852D-1F4AA9437AE4

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
first world problems for those with kids and car seats. The little metal u hooks on the back of the rear seats that are marked are called latch points. They are for the rear teethers on car seats and needed to properly secure a car seat. They work in conjunction with the latch points at the base of the two outboard seats or a seat belt to secure a forward facing car seat to the car. See attached photo with latch points circled in red.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Install and review 6D1CDCC0-00F8-4507-852D-1F4AA9437AE4
The two side clips are below but should clip and then be able to put the seat back. The middle is easy access

F59A1717-37B7-4A7E-9431-968F804EF9F2.jpeg

24181D94-8010-451A-A83F-667FDD2637D3.jpeg

CA1937E8-79D6-4FA4-91E8-E1F576652E50.jpeg

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
The two side clips are below but should clip and then be able to put the seat back. The middle is easy access

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Install and review CA1937E8-79D6-4FA4-91E8-E1F576652E50

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Install and review CA1937E8-79D6-4FA4-91E8-E1F576652E50

Thanks for the input and photos. The middle will work indeed but it doesn’t look like the sides will work as I suspected. The slipstream is too flush against the back of the seat and sits right at that latch point. When you clip a car seat in, there is some bulk to the clip that you need space for; this of course will depend on your car seat manufacturer’s clip design. However at best case scenario it will fit but rub on the slipstream causing damage to the metal/powder coating.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Can you fit the freedom panels in the bag laying flat on the floor with this? It looks as if you can’t?

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but you may have to open the front towards the rears seats.

Sponsored

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I assume the answer is no but would the Mopar cargo tray mats that protect the back of the rear seats fit with the slipstream?

DCB5FD49-8D3E-47BF-84AA-B0EF820129CB.jpeg

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
For those that got the Diabolical do you feel the Molle Panels are worth the money? I like the concept but for $200 more ....

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
I assume the answer is no but would the Mopar cargo tray mats that protect the back of the rear seats fit with the slipstream?
It does fit, but you have to make two small slits in the sides so the brackets can fit on the rear seat mounts without pinching the cargo mat.

One of the things the Molle Panels do is strengthen the top. You can already put a lot of weight up there, but if someone were to mount a tire or put something greater the 150 Lbs, the Molle Panels would be needed.