2019 JLUR with Sub woofer and Premium Soft Top. We often run around town in Safari mode, or top down doors off. We needed a secure area for backpacks etc. Last night I installed the Diabolical Slipstream. Overall we're happy with the purchase. Some of the finer details:
- Packaging was excellent.
- Instructions included were for a JK, even though the product is JL Specific (Pretty Crummy)
- Decided to use this video for install: - Which was good, except there were some differences I had to figure out. Our kit is different due to the subwoofer.
- Installation was pain. A few times I had to backtrack and disassemble to access a bolt, and it took 3 1/2 hours. (I had to watch a section of video in my office, then to the garage to do that step, then back to the office to watch another section being installed, .... Guess I'm not smart enough to watch on a cell phone or laptop. Now that I've done it once, it would probably take me 2 1/2, 2 with a helper which I didn't have.
- Powdercoating is perfect
- In the end, fit is good, no rattles, looks great.
- The "Problem" with opening the product with a soft top, is not a problem for me. It opens enough, and stays open, for good access to trunk items. I will get the notched tailskin when available, but it's nothing to be concerned about.
- However there is a real problem I had not considered. When you lower the top, it now sits up so high (Above the 35" spare tire) that there is zero rear visibility. We probably still would have gone ahead, but call me silly, I use my rear view mirror. This issue may cause us to use Safari Mode combined with Sunrider mode even more often.