Sponsored

Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version)

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
This Mod is only for those that have a Slipstream on a current JL that want to transfer to your new 4xe. for those who do not have a Slipstream, Diabolical will have a 4xe specific system soon

I had a a Slipstream enclosure on my 2018 JL Sahara. I wanted to move it to my 4xe. There are a couple issues with the non 4xe slipstream in that the seat bolts locations have moved (where as the two front main attachment points to the floor are seat base bolts). The current brackets while they line up the bolt holes are off. So to make the Slipstream work below is what I did (Do not pick on my jigsaw cuts).

Here it is installed in my 4xe

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) finish 1

The only other issue is the raised rea seats you lose the interior access door and the front wall will not lay down, but it is easy to remove for opening up the space.

Here are the two mods required to fit the Slipstream in the 4xe:

Drivers side: the forward floor bracket is too long and the bolt hole that attaches to the seat base hole is in the wrong location, however the alignment with the seat-base bolt was perfect. So you need to shorten the bracket to 4.25 inches, then drill a hold in the middle for the seatbolt. Then to allow ajdistment I slotted the bracket to allow adjustment and so I could sandwich it between the seat base and the floor frame.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) driver bracket 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) driver bracket 2

Also the stock hole that attached the bracket to the slipstream frame was now not aligned I simply used a self tapping Tek screw to attach and level. Note this area behond the seat is not a usable space so while that screw is visible it is not an issue just use a dremel to cut the exposed screw down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) Driver screw

Next the Passenger side floor bracket. Like the driver sit the bracket lined up perfectly however too long with the bolt hole in the wrong location. So U cut the bracket length to 2.5" and then drilled the hole at 1.125" and then slotted to allow to sandwich under the seat mount.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) passenger bracket 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) Passenger bracket 2

Like the other side I Used a tech screw to attach to the bracket to the slipstream framing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) Passenger bracket 3

That is basically it, drill and a jigsaw. I assume Diabolical will have this modified soon so that order a slipstream can install. one other note: the forward wall panel that has a access door and is designed to lay down to open ip for larger storage is not functional however that entire front wall removes in about 1 minute for full length storage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) Finish door 3

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) Finish door 33

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) Finish 2

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) Finish 4
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Oh that’s great news! I was worried there might be fit issues up top because of the seat changes. Glad to hear it’s just the floor brackets that would need modification!

I almost never use the pass though door and am fine having to remove the front panel rather than lay it flat. That’s a very minor loss in my book.

Thanks again for this write up!

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate all the pics and showing others that if they currently have a JL Version and want to convert it over, it can be done.

We are working on the 4XE Version, so if you are looking to purchase a unit now, please wait. We will have one ready soon. We have had a large request for current JLU Kits from customers that are willing to wait on corrected parts, but that becomes a waste of parts they cant use, and extra cost for everyone.

Thanks Lightout for all the information you've helped us with since receiving your 4XE!

enzo

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
This Mod is only for those that have a Slipstream on a current JL that want to transfer to your new 4xe. for those who do not have a Slipstream, Diabolical will have a 4xe specific system soon

I had a a Slipstream enclosure on my 2018 JL Sahara. I wanted to move it to my 4xe. There are a couple issues with the non 4xe slipstream in that the seat bolts locations have moved (where as the two front main attachment points to the floor are seat base bolts). The current brackets while they line up the bolt holes are off. So to make the Slipstream work below is what I did (Do not pick on my jigsaw cuts).

Here it is installed in my 4xe

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream 4xe installation (mod non 4xe version) Finish 4

The only other issue is the raised rea seats you lose the interior access door and the front wall will not lay down, but it is easy to remove for opening up the space.

Here are the two mods required to fit the Slipstream in the 4xe:

Drivers side: the forward floor bracket is too long and the bolt hole that attaches to the seat base hole is in the wrong location, however the alignment with the seat-base bolt was perfect. So you need to shorten the bracket to 4.25 inches, then drill a hold in the middle for the seatbolt. Then to allow ajdistment I slotted the bracket to allow adjustment and so I could sandwich it between the seat base and the floor frame.

Also the stock hole that attached the bracket to the slipstream frame was now not aligned I simply used a self tapping Tek screw to attach and level. Note this area behond the seat is not a usable space so while that screw is visible it is not an issue just use a dremel to cut the exposed screw down.

Next the Passenger side floor bracket. Like the driver sit the bracket lined up perfectly however too long with the bolt hole in the wrong location. So U cut the bracket length to 2.5" and then drilled the hole at 1.125" and then slotted to allow to sandwich under the seat mount.

Like the other side I Used a tech screw to attach to the bracket to the slipstream framing.

That is basically it, drill and a jigsaw. I assume Diabolical will have this modified soon so that order a slipstream can install. one other note: the forward wall panel that has a access door and is designed to lay down to open ip for larger storage is not functional however that entire front wall removes in about 1 minute for full length storage.

Thanks for the great write-up. I was able to install my slipstream . I did make a slight mod to the brackets. Since my Slipstream was partially assembled, I put it in place and was able to mark where I wanted the bolt holes. I Only had to cut off the extra as you have stated. Thanks again. Money Saved is always a good thing!
Sponsored