lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
How much does it weigh?

Could a lock be incorporated into the drawer?
Just lock your tailgate, so if the top is off or have soft top you lock your doors the tailgate is locked so it is secure in that fashion, that is also the way the Slipstream works. So no need for locks (assuming it is bolted down.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ZeroFox

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Fair point, but I'd actually like to be open the tailgate while still securing tools.
I think you'll see from the original pics that the aft part of the unit is open. Not really meant to be key locked, although a locked box could be placed inside. It is possible we could do a cover that attaches to the front to increase security, and a lock placed on that, but it would become an accessory.

OP
OP
ZeroFox

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Here some dimensions.

The height of the unit is just shy of 5 inches from the plastic OEM corners on either side of the floor. It is 4" from the Slide Floor to the top of the shelf, but as you can see, there is a turn down on the shelf that is 1/2". So this would make the clearence from the floor to the bottom of that turn down 3.5".

The Shelf can then be raised in 1" increments to 5 inches, then 6" inches. This would put the overall top of the shelf at 7" when measured from the plastic corners. I don't have a 4XE, or I would show how/where the lines up.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slide Floor Drawer Debut 1620868734346

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slide Floor Drawer Debut 1620869103321

Jeepr

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 2dr Rubicon
Those dimensions should fit inside a 2 door. Do you know what the interference is, or have you just not tested it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZeroFox

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Those dimensions should fit inside a 2 door. Do you know what the interference is, or have you just not tested it?
We haven't fitted it yet. It certainly may fit, but we want to make sure we designed it to pick up mounting points.

Jeepr

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 2dr Rubicon
I know an engineer who owns a two door jeep if you want to send him one to verify :idea:

OP
OP
ZeroFox

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea if this would interfere with a tailgate table?
That would depend on the thickness of the table. I'll take a pic today and post it up. We actually shortened the slide floor original design by about 1/2" in order to accommodate most tables, but inevitably, someone will build something that isn't compatible.

melvin2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
That would depend on the thickness of the table. I'll take a pic today and post it up. We actually shortened the slide floor original design by about 1/2" in order to accommodate most tables, but inevitably, someone will build something that isn't compatible.
Good to know, there's like a 99% chance I'll get this if it will work with my table

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZeroFox

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know, there's like a 99% chance I'll get this if it will work with my table
2.5" from the Slide to the Plastic. I think the Plastic piece is another 1/2". This should fit many Tables out there except the Tuffy Tailgate Lockbox.... that things is like 6" Deep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slide Floor Drawer Debut 1621004974270

Tyson3264

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Server Administrator
Almost exactly what I’ve been looking for. The price is right, but it would need to be enclosed and have a drawer lock option. Not all of us have or want the slipstream product.

Also, what material is the top made of and how much weight does it support in the middle?
It needs some flush mounted tie down rings on the top shelf.

Last edited:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Almost exactly what I’ve been looking for. The price is right, but it would need to be enclosed and have a drawer lock option. Not all of us have or want the slipstream product.

Also, what material is the top made of and how much weight does it support in the middle?

It does not require the Slipstream, and it is locked when your tailgate is locked. There is no benefit to a lock on the drawer. Your tailgate will not open when locked (top on or off) and the tailgate cannot be unlocked without the FOB.

Tyson3264

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Server Administrator
It does not require the Slipstream, and it is locked when your tailgate is locked. There is no benefit to a lock on the drawer. Your tailgate will not open when locked (top on or off) and the tailgate cannot be unlocked without the FOB.
Thanks for the info, I didn’t realize that locking via fob disabled the unlock switch on the door. However, I just tested it and unlock still works if you initially lock using the switch on the door or by using the proximity button which is how I always lock it. Regardless, there are some added security benefits for having a simple lock option on the drawer even if it doesn’t apply to everyone.

OP
OP
ZeroFox

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info, I didn’t realize that locking via fob disabled the unlock switch on the door. However, I just tested it and unlock still works if you initially lock using the switch on the door or by using the proximity button which is how I always lock it. Regardless, there are some added security benefits for having a simple lock option on the drawer even if it doesn’t apply to everyone.
As mentioned, the key fob secures it all. move your keys away as if you were not around your vehicle. There is a delay before the secure function is activated, you must use the fob.

Construction is all Aluminum. I've out 80 Lbs on top with no bowing. the aft edge has a lip that is turned down to give that top piece rigidity to keep it from bending.
Sponsored