Diabolical JL 2 Door Locker Security Enclosure

wgwgoldwing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Thought I'd post my thoughts on the security enclosure. I'm pretty happy with it but there are a few issues that I wasn't expecting.

Everything came packed well and on time based on their website estimates. Assembly was smooth, but I received an extra bracket that wasn't referenced in the online instructions. Once I did the install, I figure out what it was for. The driver side was locked in really well, but the passenger side tended rock back a good bit. I found that the extra bracket was for the passenger side and locked the back side of the enclosure (front side brackets were covered in the instructions). So on the passenger side you have 2 brackets, one keeps it from going forward and the other keeps it from going backward. Once I installed that, it was super solid and didn't move around.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical JL 2 Door Locker Security Enclosure 20210814_162025

My first surprise was that my in-floor storage and access to the jack was pretty much useless. This is a far as I could lift the panel:

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical JL 2 Door Locker Security Enclosure 20210814_162056

So to get around that, I removed the enclosure and unbolted the storage panel. I took the front mounts off the underside of the storage panel leaving it flat:

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical JL 2 Door Locker Security Enclosure 20210814_162119

So now, I can just slide the panel in and out to access the storage area. The only bad thing is that you can access the storage from the front (with the seat folded up) and get to some of the smaller stuff in the storage area by folding the front portion of the panel up. I'm going to cut a piece up plywood the same size and carpet it. It will be solid so that it can't be lifted. I'll install a cleat to prevent it from being pulled forward.

Today I discovered the second issue. When I folded my soft top down, I couldn't get the soft top locks to lock. The locker is keeping the soft top from going down far enough to engage the locks. Not the end of the world because I tie everything down anyway. But I was concerned about the locker lock cylinders rubbing a hole in the top. So I positioned my tie downs over the top of the locker lock cylinders to prevent any damage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical JL 2 Door Locker Security Enclosure 20210814_162034

I suppose if they made the locker an inch or two shorter, it would be fine.

Anyway, in the end, I really like the enclosure and would recommend it. Just be prepared to make a few adjustments to access your in-floor storage and watch out for your soft top rubbing on those lock cylinders.

Thanks,

Bill
Sponsored

a01101101

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Great post. Read it first before pulling the trigger on the locker and decided to still get it.

I have the subwoofer so I don't have the full storage, just the jack compartment.

I decided I could live without accessing it and I'm okay with the "top down" issue.

Fairly easy install and it's high quality, very happy with it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical JL 2 Door Locker Security Enclosure PXL_20220702_213914517

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical JL 2 Door Locker Security Enclosure PXL_20220702_213925972