Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Knows stuff about computers
I have a fairly bad case of carpal tunnel syndrome. It makes me look clumsy because I drop things randomly. I can't control it, but I do wear a brace much of the time and that helps. After hours of manipulating small objects, I get progressively worse at holding onto things like washers and lock nuts. So for me, this installation was incredibly frustrating in its difficulty.

My JLUR has leather seats, so the seat gap hider has those metal clips that are designed to never, ever be removed (designed by the devil himself). Also I have the subwoofer, so the wing wall assembly is really tough to access and tighten up on the passenger side. I am running the standard hardtop right now, so I had no questions or concerns about clearance of soft top components. After five hours, I gave up and emailed asking for a refund. I explained that nothing was wrong but I couldn't get the top panels to fit. The tolerances were just off and it was too tight to fit the top panels.

The next day I received texts from Alan at Diabolical. I told Alan I was giving it one more try. I had pulled everything out, disassembled most of the pieces I'd assembled previously, and rearranged my workspace to give me more space to move around and stretch and find more comfortable positions while working, which really cut down on the dropping of small parts. I told Alan I'd text him back if I ran into another problem. I sent him a picture of what I was working on at that moment.

Alan called me and told me I had a couple of pieces upside down! He explained and went out to point at a proper install and take a picture and show me so it was clear which pieces were upside down. I flipped sides and righted them, and continued on my way with the install. After a couple hours, I had the top panels on and I'd learned enough along the way about which nuts to loosen to be able to adjust for proper gap adjustment.

So, for me, this was an incredibly challenging install, something like 8-9 hours in total, though if I had to do it second time I'm confident I could do it in 3. That's without a helper.

It was pretty incredible to have the kind of support that Diabolical offered. To get a response on a Sunday, and not just email but texts and a call, is really amazing.

The kit is stellar quality. The powder coat is durable (especially after my roughing it about) and the design is fantastic for security and accessibility. It's clear the moment you interact with it that the enclosure is going to last.

I had prioritized this installation just behind stubby bumper and winch, and I wanted to make sure I installed this before getting a Bestop Ultra. I have a pretty good idea of what will need to be done to prepare the Slipstream to work with the Bestop. Mainly removing the rear-most plates on the wing skin, but then that will require some effort to access the bolts and remove them. Hopefully I don't need to take either side completely apart.
Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical, Inc. Slipstream installation on a JLUR with leather and subwoofer JLUR Slipstream Installed
Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn’t agree more. I just installed my own Slipstream this weekend and am really happy with the results. The install takes some time and patience, but the step-by-step video really does break it down well and walks you through the process. I also had a question that I had sent in and received a prompt response on a weekend, which is remarkable customer focus. Next project is to install Diabolical’s locking underseat storage box in my Gladiator, which I’m sure will be of similar quality.

C9E58B13-10FF-4084-9E92-A57FB59CC5D9.jpeg

4F700A77-8BA2-42C6-8D16-871E398CE280.jpeg

01A63E98-67DB-4266-8A0E-5D098A99E1C7.jpeg

A7661D28-D193-4B8D-897C-F3DDC71E5717.jpeg

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Just installed mine over this past weekend also. I had the same issue I somehow installed the vertical frame upside down for both. Had to also contact Alan on a Sunday who quickly contacted me to correct it. My only suggestion for the new video would be some more closeups of the parts as he's positioning them and maybe a little better lighting.

I'll post some pics shortly. I agree the new video for the JLU is helpful but it did take some time. Should be worth it though and looks fantastic.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Here we go. Went the cheap route with non-branded marine deck foam. Loving the look of the slipstream and functionality. Also customer service is superb!

0BD485BB-0A31-4EDB-B3A8-940EFCCDEC07.jpeg
FFB89C61-F378-4563-A80D-E90A70783EB5.jpeg
522FDDEB-EB65-4DBD-BFD3-966D9EF530AD.jpeg
58AB1D88-10D3-4F39-844A-49B70D20D352.jpeg

Just installed mine over this past weekend also. I had the same issue I somehow installed the vertical frame upside down for both. Had to also contact Alan on a Sunday who quickly contacted me to correct it. My only suggestion for the new video would be some more closeups of the parts as he's positioning them and maybe a little better lighting.

I'll post some pics shortly. I agree the new video for the JLU is helpful but it did take some time. Should be worth it though and looks fantastic.
2EB4C752-7C12-4629-A7ED-ED57EDC8AA4D.jpeg
Sponsored