Sponsored

DFW Show pics/videos -- Jeep Wrangler JL (shows self closing doors, headroom, turn signals)

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
Yea I feel like the height increased for the chair to incorporate the lumbar support which I’d rather have a lower seat.....
I'd be curious to know if the Sport seat without lumber would sit lower.
Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
The top panels were not installed up front. The roll cage does not give any indication of where the roof is. At 6’2”, I will say that the space above my head to the roof in the back seat is absolutely cavernous.

There have been way too many conclusions made on Lurvis33’s pictures, which are of a man in the “99th percentile” of height.

Hatchttu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
1598D962-8F0B-49F3-B584-DEEF7732A070.jpeg
I checked out the jeep at the Ft Worth auto show as well and here is another angle of the cargo area with seats down.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What is the published head and leg room for the JL and the JK?

randyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck
are those zinc-coated nuts holding the wipers on? Those are going to rust eventually.

They couldn't have sprung for stainless on fasteners people might actually be taking off? If they used stainless and skipped the plastic caps, it probably would have been a wash.

Sponsored

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Sorry if this has been answered in another thread but the walk around video has be curious on a few things.

The infotainment group has the 8.4" screen listed with Nav. Is this the only screen that comes with navigation? Also, I noticed the window sticker only has the "groups" listed. The JK also had "options" such as getting the Alpine sound system without purchasing it through a "group". Are there no longer individual option upgrades?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Sorry if this has been answered in another thread but the walk around video has be curious on a few things.

The infotainment group has the 8.4" screen listed with Nav. Is this the only screen that comes with navigation? Also, I noticed the window sticker only has the "groups" listed. The JK also had "options" such as getting the Alpine sound system without purchasing it through a "group". Are there no longer individual option upgrades?
There are still options. Check out the order guide for details:

Official 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Order Guide (4-Door JLU - U.S.). Order bank is open!

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
I haven’t sat in JK since last spring but I’d say it’s improved. I use to drive a Kia Soul and currently drive a ‘14 Mustang so I’ve always been use to having my left knee lay against the door. I’m more of a “torso” tall guy so headroom is usually the issue for me. I can fit into a convertible corvette but not a hard top corvette
Thanks for specifying the fact that you're torso tall, there's a big difference between that and legs when it comes to fitting in cars.

Funny enough the front seat doesn't have a lot of travel back and forth.You can see there's not a lot of room for long legs up front.

Last edited:

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Ok. If you aren't hitting the sport/speaker bar, then you are gtg.
Ya the sportbar in the JK was the enemy not the roof, so if he cant lean and hit his head on the sportbar that is a step forward

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
are those zinc-coated nuts holding the wipers on? Those are going to rust eventually.

They couldn't have sprung for stainless on fasteners people might actually be taking off? If they used stainless and skipped the plastic caps, it probably would have been a wash.
Idiots strip stainless fasteners way too easily.

Sponsored

jeepin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
Here are a couple of my photos from the show

IMG_20171210_165343_735.jpg

20171210_143240.jpg

OP
OP
Terry09

Terry09

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
But really though...
When I created this post I was asking if the jeep would be at the show. Never thought it would have got this much attention. The pic I posted was actually a pic that the auto show rep had emailed me before I attended the show. I saw Lurvis33 while I was there.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper

In this video we’ve posted, you can see the front and rear turn signals in action as well as the self closing doors. The self close doors aren’t automated or motorized but the new “high energy” metal door check strap hinges were engineered so that the doors will swing closed by themselves once past the half-way door check point. Both the front and rear doors close in this manner.
I sure hope there is an option to disable the self-closing door feature! :facepalm:

My MINI has this feature, and doors keep slamming onto my ankles. Basically, the door starts to self-close before I have a chance to fully pull my legs/feet inside. :(

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
No worries, you can remove this feature with a few screws if you don’t like it.
Sponsored