Sponsored

DFW Show pics/videos -- Jeep Wrangler JL (shows self closing doors, headroom, turn signals)

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks for sharing the photos. How is the legroom compared to the JK(did you try it with the door closed?)
If they had a Rubicon and a 2dr I would already be on my way to Dallas.
I am 6’2”. Leg room is not like the back seat of a modern full size crew cab truck but definitely acceptable to me. It is car like, where the front seat is close to your legs but not touching. Better than Tacoma crew.

The interior is very impressive in person. The entertainment display seemes much more integrated to the dash than photos indicate. The flat dash gives the feeling of room.

Pictures for you to see how to remove the wipers, which is the first step to dropping the windshield. The cap was pries up with my fingernails.

To me, this Jeep is a home run.

2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw10.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw11.jpg
Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited

If you look closely, you can see how the CHMSL third brake light height is adjustable.

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-3rd-third-brake-light.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JAY

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info on the space. I fit in a JK fine with the only issue being I occasionally hit the door locks(long legs, headroom is fine for me.) I usually sit with the seat all the way down and back. An inch or two more would be nice, but as long as it's similar to the JK I will be comfortable(especially if they added lumbar support.)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
How was the head room? The pics really don't show it.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
How was the head room? The pics really don't show it.
I can’t really tell cause the freedom panels weren’t on :facepalm: I hope/think I should be in the clear. The sport bar is much improved and streamlined compared to the JK.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t really tell cause the freedom panels weren’t on :facepalm: I hope/think I should be in the clear. The sport bar is much improved and streamlined compared to the JK.
Ok. If you aren't hitting the sport/speaker bar, then you are gtg.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Does the auto door closing function appear on all JLs or just the Sahara and Rubicon? Is it an option? Never seen that

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does the auto door closing function appear on all JLs or just the Sahara and Rubicon? Is it an option? Never seen that
It's not a particular option but a function of the new metal door checks on all JL / JLU. They're called "high energy" check straps because once the door is closed past the half-way detent / check point of the door hinge, the door finishes swinging shut itself (based on the door check design and the door's own weight and momentum). Here's how it's described by Jeep.

Sponsored

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
Just got back from the Ft. Worth autshow and headroom is definitely tight for taller drivers. I'm 6'2 1/2, and it seems like I'd barely have an inch with the freedom panels on. Part of the issue is that the seat can't be lowered more than I'd like.

Pretty much everything else was gravy though.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
It's not a particular option but a function of the new metal door checks on all JL / JLU. Once pushed past the half-way detent / check point of the door hinge, the door finishes swinging shut itself (based on the door check design and the door's own weight and momentum). Here's how it's described by Jeep.

I think someone is going to lock themselves out.

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
What are the metal rails on the floor and on the tailgate of the cargo compartment? And what is the black grill underneath the rail on the tailgate?

CRC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2023 Toyota Camry XLE AWD

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from the Ft. Worth autshow and headroom is definitely tight for taller drivers. I'm 6'2 1/2, and it seems like I'd barely have an inch with the freedom panels on. Part of the issue is that the seat can't be lowered more than I'd like.

Pretty much everything else was gravy though.
Yea I feel like the height increased for the chair to incorporate the lumbar support which I’d rather have a lower seat.....
Sponsored