Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Ordered from Gupton outside of Nashville. 8% below invoice, easy peasy. 28 days from order to delivery.

Sucks to be a local dealer, they didn't want my business so they didn't get it. If Gupton can do it, so can they, if they wanted it bad enough.
Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
One thing I don't understand is why many think they should get discounts on new Wranglers and dealers have almost nothing to sell. What part of nothing to sell do you not understand, if they ain't got it and if they get one why would they want to discount it. Plus dealers are not going to sell one from there allotment from Jeep and give a discount when they don't have to, I'm on the dealers side here somewhat at this time. Now is not the time to buy if you want to save some money wait till the auto industry return back to what it was and discount will become available again. If you think auto dealers are getting rich with nothing to sell you need a lesson in profit and loss in the business world.
Jeep isnā€˜t building very many Jeepā€™s for dealersā€™ allotted stock. So, in regards to dealersā€™ onsite inventory, you are totally correct. But Jeep is cranking out custom builds (sold orders). Dealers willing to deal on sold orders will get more people submitting orders. This doesnā€™t come out of the dealerā€™s allotment, so the dealer can boost their volume beyond the limited stock Jeep is sending them. But a lot of dealers arenā€™t ā€œvolumeā€ dealers so this strategy might not work for them and they wonā€™t deal. So people here are looking for those volume dealers to submit their custom orders to. Thatā€™s what this thread is about.

Phantasos

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Occupation
Software
I ordered my 4xe back in February and got a very good deal. But that was before the shortages hit. Market conditions have changed and I don't know how the pricing is now. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

I purchased from Don Davis Jeep in Arlington. This is the 4th or 5th vehicle I have been involved with in purchasing from one of their dealerships (a couple for me, a couple for relatives/friends). I have always been treated fairly during purchase with minimal games. Their Nissan service department has never been a hassle to deal with, and I expect their Jeep dealership to be the same.

In general, there are a number of dealerships in the DFW area that will never see me again, because of the way they chose to handle sales, or attempted sales or the hassles dealing with servicing. I am never concerned about recommending Don Davis for any brands they carry. In fact, I drove past a different Jeep dealership when I started looking to order my 4xe.

If you decide to talk to them, Chelsea Curth was the sales rep I worked with. She was very good to work with, and helped a lot during the 3 months it took to get the Jeep built, "tested", and delivered.

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer
experience is not unique. Two 4xe became available in Bloomington, IL at $2K above MSRP. I ordered my through corporate partner program. About $3K off MSRP so Im happy. Not the best deal, but not top dollar either

JayKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I tried asking some Dallas dealers about affiliate pricing and got no from one while few others havnt responded. Getting crazy with regards to pricing here! Anyone else have luck with affiliate pricing in DFW metroplex?

copying my reply from another threadā€¦

I couldnā€™t find any good deals in TX for a long time but just placed an order at Prosper Jeep in DFW. They just opened and were willing to do 5% below invoice for special orders to try and build their business. Everyone else I called either said they stopped doing them, or capped it at 3% now.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/texas-dealership-5-under-invoice.75756/

Sponsored

OP
OP
darawler

darawler

First Name
Pulkit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 hyundai santa fe
Occupation
IT
So i finally found a dealer willing to give a deal and got attached config preview with below pricing
MSRP $59,590
INVOICE $56,968
YOUR PRICE $54,119.60
Plus fees combined for a total of $939 and break down as such: Dealer Doc Fee $150, Non-Tax Fee $190 (Title, License, Road & Bridge) *varies by state*, and a Processing fee $599.

Few questions:
1. The original invoice price off MSRP is only 4.5%. Is that normal?
2. Do the other fee seem reasonable?
3. They are requiring customers to make at least three payments through their in-store financing. Not sure what rates I will get but have great credit score, so has anyone taken financing through dealers and what rates to expect?

TIA!

4xe.PNG

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
So i finally found a dealer willing to give a deal and got attached config preview with below pricing
MSRP $59,590
INVOICE $56,968
YOUR PRICE $54,119.60
Plus fees combined for a total of $939 and break down as such: Dealer Doc Fee $150, Non-Tax Fee $190 (Title, License, Road & Bridge) *varies by state*, and a Processing fee $599.

Few questions:
3. They are requiring customers to make at least three payments through their in-store financing. Not sure what rates I will get but have great credit score, so has anyone taken financing through dealers and what rates to expect?

TIA!

Jeep Wrangler JL DFW Dealer prices 4xe.PNG
your MSRP is different from my order sheet, but overall, you got $1400 more in options for about the same purchase price. I dont have the $600 processing fee with my local dealer, so $800 better than my 'partner 1% under invoice deal' overall.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

@darawler the other fees are reasonable, as is the financing requirement. The dealer financing I got was a much better rate than what my bank was offering, so it worked out.

However, before you pull the trigger, I'd give [email protected] a shout. Based on the pricing he gave me on my Sahara Altitude, you could save another ~$5-6K ordering through him. My final pricing was ~15% off sticker. Yes, you read that correctly.

You'd spend ~$1K flying up to Nashville (Southwest) and driving it home, including gas, food, hotels, etc., depending on how cheap you want to go. It's only a 12hr drive, so pretty easy to do in 2 days (or one in a pinch).

You'd still be saving ~$4-5K, including travel. That's a nice chunk of change - enough to knock your payments down considerably, or a really nice "first mods budget".

Just throwing it out there as an option you may want to look at.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
MSRP $59,590
INVOICE $56,968
YOUR PRICE $54,119.60

Few questions:

TIA!

We got 5.5% off MSRP from Classic Jeep up in Denton. Mark Roberts is the internet sales guy.

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
3.5% below invoice net of fees is quite a decent quote for a local build.

I tried a bit with the Austin area dealers before finalizing my order with Gupton. My mental holdout target was 3% below invoice (net of fees) locally and I'd pull the trigger. I was very upfront about expectations on pricing, but nonetheless, had several very poor interactions (negotiation in bad faith). The best clean deal I could get was 1% below invoice before fees (0% after).

Pulled the trigger with Gupton and cannot be happier about the decision. It'll cost me a 2hr flight and 12hr drive. This is less time than I spent going back and forth with my local dealers.

Sponsored

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
MSRP $59,590
INVOICE $56,968
YOUR PRICE $54,119.60

Few questions:

TIA!

I thought Jeep announced the 4xe was sold out for the year. Did they provide a delivery date? Just curious if Jeep is playing games

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I thought Jeep announced the 4xe was sold out for the year. Did they provide a delivery date? Just curious if Jeep is playing games
Sold out can still include dealer allotment. So dealers might stuff be using their monthly allotment for new customer orders.

JGSQUAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
copying my reply from another threadā€¦

I couldnā€™t find any good deals in TX for a long time but just placed an order at Prosper Jeep in DFW. They just opened and were willing to do 5% below invoice for special orders to try and build their business. Everyone else I called either said they stopped doing them, or capped it at 3% now.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/texas-dealership-5-under-invoice.75756/
I just left there as they are down the street from me and they are giving ZERO discounts on orders for wranglers. ZERO. I even sat down with the sales manager and spoke to him about the forum and other discounts dealers are giving. He said he couldn't understand how dealerships were giving discounts on orders.

About to call Gupton to place one.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
If you're up for the drive, Neil Carpenter at demontrond in Conroe (just outside of houston, around 3hr drive from central DFW) gave us 4% off invoice on ours, with only like a 300$ dealer fee before TT&L.

JayKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I just left there as they are down the street from me and they are giving ZERO discounts on orders for wranglers. ZERO. I even sat down with the sales manager and spoke to him about the forum and other discounts dealers are giving. He said he couldn't understand how dealerships were giving discounts on orders.

About to call Gupton to place one.
Email Tyler. I worked with him and the GM, Kevin. Tyler is the only one that can give the 5% below invoice on a special order.
Sponsored